WDD 21P GEAR BOX CLS 55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weldfixfab

Car
Cls 55 AMG
Hi bad newsfrom mb center i need a new box has any one out there any ideas where to get one from who is reliable help please

What did Mercedes say is wrong with your gearbox?

Unless its completely trashed, it's far more economic to get your own one rebuilt. A good indy can advise.
Buying a used one is not ideal as you have no idea on the condition of that either.

If you do go down the path of a used one from a Mercedes breaker, ensure the codes are an exact match or you'll have more trouble.
FYI, the transmission code for the one fitted to a CLS55 should be 722.643. Accept no other.

What did Mercedes say is wrong with your gearbox?

Unless its completely trashed, it's far more economic to get your own one rebuilt. A good indy can advise.
Buying a used one is not ideal as you have no idea on the condition of that either.

If you do go down the path of a used one from a Mercedes breaker, ensure the codes are an exact match or you'll have more trouble.
FYI, the transmission code for the one fitted to a CLS55 should be 722.643. Accept no other.
I took it to mb center nottingham
They just said a new box didnt say whats wrong i will delve deeper thanks for the advise 🙂

The MB centre said you need to replace the transmission on your car and did not say why ? . How much do you trust them ? I would get a second opinion...or at least ask them to detail what they found to make such a recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom