We don't give out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blaser24nig

Car
Stunning SL350
We don't give out part numbers was the response from five mercedes stealers about 5 minutes ago. What is the reason I asked and was told they are looking after the interest of the company. It stops people from buying second hand parts for their cars???? (that we own and have paid for), Are they turning into Apple? Common please can somebody explain this to me?

Can't explain it at all, but what item(s) do you want the part numbers for?

We don't give out part numbers was the response from five mercedes stealers about 5 minutes ago. What is the reason I asked and was told they are looking after the interest of the company. It stops people from buying second hand parts for their cars???? (that we own and have paid for), Are they turning into Apple? Common please can somebody explain this to me?

Do you mean I can't change my own battery?

Can I just ask why you need the part numbers?

To get those type of items you dont need part numbers... just go onto the Euro Car Parts website (this is an example) and put your Reg number in, and it will bring up the correct parts for your car... if they make an error (which they rarely do) rest assured they will either refund you or provide you with the right part...

You need part numebrs for bigger moving parts when there are loads of versions of it for the same car...

Hi Dave,
I need the part numbers for air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs and brake fluid please.

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not an expert on part numbers but I thought it might help to ask as there's usually people here who can get them quite easily.

I've sent you a PM with a couple of suggestions.

Regards,

PM me your VIN and I will look them up for you.

To get those type of items you dont need part numbers... just go onto the Euro Car Parts website (this is an example) and put your Reg number in, and it will bring up the correct parts for your car... if they make an error (which they rarely do) rest assured they will either refund you or provide you with the right part...

You need part numebrs for bigger moving parts when there are loads of versions of it for the same car...

I wanted to get them off Acid (member on here) offering 40% discount...

I wanted to get the part numbers to Acid for my service items. I had done it before when I needed parts for my brakes...

I can see the justification in Mercedes dealerships reluctance to give you the part numbers if you were going to then just buy them elsewhere - especially if they were franchises.

I can see the justification in Mercedes dealerships reluctance to give you the part numbers if you were going to then just buy them elsewhere - especially if they were franchises.

Justification? Are you being serious? I need part numbers for the car that I own in its totallity, that I can do whatever I want with. How can there be a justification in that? They are just doing what apple started...

Last edited:
You mean you cant understand why they would be reluctant to spend time and effort looking up part numbers for free knowing you'll then take your custom elsewhere?

For £30 a year you can have full access to the info yourself - perhaps that is worthy of consideration.

For £30 a year you can have full access to the info yourself - perhaps that is worthy of consideration.

You can buy access to EPC direct from MB for just short of £20 a year here:

Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

Or for even better value, join the official Mercedes Benz Club and you get access to WIS & ASRA included in your £30-odd yearly membership. Which is fantastic value considering you are also getting a monthly magazine with it as well. Beats subscribing to the banal Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine.

its a joke matey! Its a damn joke you cant even get part numbers now... con merchants

You mean you cant understand why they would be reluctant to spend time and effort looking up part numbers for free knowing you'll then take your custom elsewhere?

Maybe I am not looking at this from your point of view but I just thought giving out part numbers shouldn't really be a big deal...

Justification? Are you being serious? I need part numbers for the car that I own in its totallity, that I can do whatever I want with. How can there be a justification in that? They are just doing what apple started...

Yeah ... its normal... I wouldnt waste my time giving you part numbers either if i was behind the parts counter.

Im assuming you charge someone for your time in your profession? Why wouldnt they want to do the same?

Surely it takes only a few minutes to give out and a company as big as Mercedes shouldn't deem this an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom