we have eggs!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplegoddess

Car
89' 190e (Leo)
moveing our snails about today we discoverd a batch of eggs :D as this our first brood we got a bit excited :crazy: (except jps who said oh no not more blinkin pets)will take some pics later and post them and keep you updated:D
(i understand not everyone will be as excited as us)but when and if they hatch they will be looking for new homes:D :D

:bannana: :bannana:

Snails - not my thing - but I do get the excitement etc having bred one of my dogs on the past ;)

Good luck!!:rock:

We hossed some snails over to next door's :rolleyes:

I bought some live plants for my fish tank a couple of weeks ago and now I've got snails trying to escape everywhere :rolleyes: .

not "if they hatch" but "when they hatch" you will have an awful lot of snails to find new homes for.

If they are Giant African Landsnails expect them to lay every few months once they start and the more you get the more they breed :eek:

We ended up removing the eggs as soon as we spotted them after we'd rehomed the first 100 snails :D

Enjoy

Andy

we are only going to let a few hatch then freeze the eggs my brother as already requested the eggs as apperently they are good fishbait:crazy:

not sure about the fishbait but listen if you lift a snail off the eggs it is incubating/protecting - they can let out a really piercing whistle/shriek if you catch them at the "wrong" time

They do hatch quite quickly and they do have a habit of laying in two groups, so if you have found one lot make sure there aren't any nasty surprises waiting for you :)

GAL snails are great fun if you can keep on top of the breeding and don't chuck the eggs (or the snails) out into the garden - that's illegal :eek:

Andy

on snails coming home the other morning still dark I noticed a snail on my windscreen I was doing 70 mph and he was enjoying the ride the little tentacle thingies flicking about in the wind :) ... gradually sliding up the windscreen ... it was having great fun .... then up's the rain came :eek: ..all of a sudden I found myself in a dilemma.:( .. do I ride out the storm with my little friend sat there enjoying the ride or do I sweep the screen clear ...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

no I wept as I swept:devil:

I bought some live plants for my fish tank a couple of weeks ago and now I've got snails trying to escape everywhere :rolleyes: .

Hi Pluggers

Get some clown loaches if your set up allows, they adore snails and keep my tank clean of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom