We like Dunlops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
Swapped my E220 estate for a E280 this week to resolve my only real issue with the car, a relative lack of refinement from the 4 pot oilburner.
The 280 is everthing I knew it would be and is on Dunlop SP9000 16" tyres.
The refinement is now great, but having now driven the car on my 'summer' 18" wheels with Conti SportContact 2 tyres, I realise there is real contribution from the Dunlops. My previous car was on Conti PremiumContact 16" tyres, and when you changed to the summer wheels thre was a small put tolerable change in ride comfort, but little change in noise level. Changing to the very same wheels and tyres after the Dunlops, and the noise level is very obviously higher, especially on concrete roads.
So, thumbs up to the new V6 diesel and to the Dunlops which appear to grip and handle and brake every bit as well as the Conti's whilst being quieter.

I went to buy SP9000,s last week and they have been replaced by the new Sportmaxx, am very impressed with them so far. I am running 235/40x18's

would be very interested in how the Sport MAXX compares to other tyres

Pietre said:
I went to buy SP9000,s last week and they have been replaced by the new Sportmaxx, am very impressed with them so far. I am running 235/40x18's

The Michelin Pilot Sport 2s (245/40 17s) on the rear of my CLK are getting a bit worn, so replacement is due in a few months. I was going to go for the Michelins again as I've been extremely impressed with them.

I had Dunlop Sport 9000s on my Golf a few years back and they were okay. I thought the rim protector was a good idea! :)

We replaced Contis on our ML with Dunlops, and I'm chuffed with them - there's a noticeable improvement in ride quality.

Ditto. Swapped contis for Dunlop sports. Love em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom