We need a BMW owners sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
I blame Ant for the idea

:)

Wonderful idea. Hopefully it will entice Bruno to buy what is by far the best German marque available to date. :D

It's a bad idea. The photos would baffle people with what is possible in the modern age.

Best keeping this site to shagpile carpets, wood trim and slippers. :D

It's a bad idea. The photos would baffle people with what is possible in the modern age.

I agree Stu. 10 year old design 3 series (albeit with numerous face lifts) is real modern motoring. :D

Ant. :bannana:

I agree Stu. 10 year old design 3 series (albeit with numerous face lifts) is real modern motoring. :D

Ant. :bannana:

Lmao! Hahahaha German photocopier design.

I'm that bored of the new stuff I'm thinking of clearing mine off and buying another E46 m3. Best car I ever owned for the £££. I bought it for £8500 and sold it for £9250.

You can Royally GTF

18q02rjdff3pkjpg-5534fe8acf790.jpg

A Mercedes can also bring driving pleasure

I've owned an equal number of each.

Yeah, remember that too. Great publicity for both. MB must have been far to serious to get involved.

Done the E46 M3 thing too, one of the best cars ever. I disliked the e90/92/60 cars but the latest ones are back on track. Had I not got an amazing car in the E350 for my mrs, a 335d was coming.

When you drive them back to back , the luxury and serenity of the Merc just isn't there in the bmws including the 7.

Bmws(current ones included), also age quicker than mercs even well maintained ones. You know when a bmw has done 100k plus whereas a well maintained Merc hardly ages (apart from the rusty bodywork obviously on some of them)

There you go Harry, knew we'd get you talking BM's :thumb:

Done the E46 M3 thing too, one of the best cars ever. I disliked the e90/92/60 cars but the latest ones are back on track. Had I not got an amazing car in the E350 for my mrs, a 335d was coming.

When you drive them back to back , the luxury and serenity of the Merc just isn't there in the bmws including the 7.

Bmws(current ones included), also age quicker than mercs even well maintained ones. You know when a bmw has done 100k plus whereas a well maintained Merc hardly ages (apart from the rusty bodywork obviously on some of them)

Yep had the e92 m3 didn't get on with it at all.

I agree about luxury having said that I think the Mercs date badly in comparison which is a shame.

The W204 is the best design they have done recently.

If it isn't a *63 then the only two Mercedes that I would want is the current SL and the W222

The rest are a bit 'meh' for me.

If it isn't a *63 then the only two Mercedes that I would want is the current SL and the W222

The rest are a bit 'meh' for me.

Agreed. The non AMG line w205 is terrible looking thing. Looks so cheap and nasty for an expensive car.

The new coupe just looks like a Renault Laguna coupe.

Last edited:
Well that's opened a few views of conversation.

As a recent C207 to F10 changer my thoughts are as follows.

Styling : The E Coupe in the 2013 issue (pre-facelift) is simply stunning.

Engine : The 2 litre BMW engine wins over the 2.2 litre Merc unit. Smoother, quicker and more economical. Longevity ? I'll never know .....

VED : BMW wins. £20 pa vs over a hundred quid more pa.

Gearbox: Merc 7, Merc 7+, forget it. The 8 speed auto box in the BMW is sublime.

Comfort : BMW seats win. Not even close.

Toys : Both had/have more than enough for any man. A draw.

Ergo, the change was the right one at the right time.

I don't think the gap between the MB 7G+ and ZF 8 is that big. The ZF is better but not IMO a deal breaker.

Power steering: BMW 0 MB 1 ..... BMW EPAS is poor IMO

Runflats: BMW 0 MB 1

Service plan / intervals / costs: BMW 1 MB 0 ... MB in la-la land

Cruise control: BMW 0 MB 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom