We need a Landrover sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They rot. Had both replaced on the 07 TDV8. Current 12 plate has a hydraulic strut in addition to the straps to prevent the lid from dropping down. A possible retrofit on yours?

It used to be a £30 retrofit. Loads of people were doing it, and now it's a £200 retrofit.....

Had t for over 6 months. No nasty bills yet. Bloody unreliable landrovers...

Thought about saving fuel and taking the Volvo to France next week, then thought nah!

Will be taking breakdown cover out though...

F9B49E7F-C248-476A-BE36-CE0BC4585C9B_zps0pddyhox.jpg

davidjpowell said:
AA think serious, I think air pipe. Time will tell

Did you sort the issue in the end?

I've just bought a ffrr tdv8 vogue I'm looking forward to picking it up!

Yup. It was an air pipe. 45 euro part.

AA had the car fixed in France, so I had to fly back, to Paris, train back to Le Mans, overnight stay... AA had persuaded the garage to open up in a Sunday to let me have the car, but not till 11.30AM. Very late back to Doncaster, but made up some time when back in the UK. Car did not realise how fast it could (nor how much fuel it would use doing it...).

I'd taken out the full AA cover including parts and labour, so ended up very little out of pocket. Biggest cost being nearly a full tank of fuel that disappeared while in the garage.

and welcome to the club. Pictures are mandatory..

Not sure about this but if it helps,my Perfect Pair is my 4.4 Vogue and my 89 420 SL ( with a BMW 5 Series Touring for when the other two are not feeling well)

Spotted this nice old thing in a garden in a suburb of Lisbon a few weeks back.

Seemed to be in pretty good shape too.

Attachments

• Land Rover.jpg
    Land Rover.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 23
Palfrem said:
Spotted this nice old thing in a garden in a suburb of Lisbon a few weeks back. Seemed to be in pretty good shape too.

Funny I purchased a rather different project yesterday. 110 which will be restored and colour changed.

Attachments

• image-3674680080.jpg
    image-3674680080.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 22
Also bought this a few weeks ago, chrome is all gone now but it's the newer tdv8 3.6

Attachments

• image-82839715.jpg
    image-82839715.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 27
I'm currently spending far too much time looking at Late 80's and early 90's Range Rover classics for this very reason.

I have a soft spot for them as I owned two of them years back and one stayed with me for 7 years.

The idea of picking something up for about £3-£4K and just keeping it as a run about and problem solver for the one week a year that it snows seemed like a fine idea. Then I discovered they'd become collecters items already.

So if anyone has a 3.9EFi Vogue RR Auto that runs and has an MOT I might be interested. I'm not overly bothered about a bit of rust as long as it's not Flintstones levels of rust.

In my early 20s I very nearly signed on the dotted line for a tidy CSK, at a little under £4k.

Fast foward 12 years and they're more like £40k :eek:

In my early 20s I very nearly singed on the dotted line for a tidy CSK, at a little under £4k.

Fast foward 12 years and they're more like £40k :eek:

In my 20's I worked for CE Heath in Reading and often used to drive the Chairman to work in his Manual CSK. Why he bought a manual one I'll never know.

Any new owners? Dave?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom