We need a Landrover sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any new owners? Dave?

:D

Go on then, just for you. :thumb:

I was eventually going to post about my new little toy, but been a bit busy the last couple of days and then forgot.

I mentioned in a previous post in this thread that I'd been looking around for a Full Fat for a while, though couldn't find the one I wanted so bought the Jeep SRT8 instead. This was back in May and, whilst loving the Jeep, it was just getting more and more painful to drive with it being so harsh and on run-flats. It got to the stage that I was avoiding using it on my "sore" days and either walking or using the Mercedes, which I don't particularly like using in bad weather and is what the Jeep was supposed to be for.

I started looking a while ago but decided to move the goalposts slightly and include the 5.0 supercharged cars in my search. This made things a lot easier and I was eventually down to around three cars to decide from. One was modified with a body kit, which was not what I wanted, one had a very sketchy service history which left me with the one I have now bought.

It's a 2010 5.0 supercharged Autobiography with 60,000 miles on it and a full LR service history. I've not done anything with it yet, in fact I only got it yesterday and have just taxed it today so not really had the chance to drive it properly, let alone take pictures.

I'll probably do a write up with my thoughts on it after the New Year, however, in the meantime, here's a gratuitous snap from the dealer I bought it from: -

FFRRNSF.jpg

Last edited:
Love it Dave, perfect foil for the E63.

Been disappointed with your experiences with the Jeep, definitely fancied one for myself, did you part ex it in for the RR?

Love it Dave, perfect foil for the E63.

Been disappointed with your experiences with the Jeep, definitely fancied one for myself, did you part ex it in for the RR?

Cheers Lee, Jeep was just too harsh for my glass back in the end, I loved it and will very much miss it, though won't miss the ride.

Sold it to a dealer who gave me an excellent price for it, £1,500 more than "we buy any car" offered and more than any other dealer was prepared to pay. He came up to mine, looked at it and paid instantly via bank transfer. A painless experience to be honest.

I started looking a while ago but decided to move the goalposts slightly and include the 5.0 supercharged cars in my search. This made things a lot easier and I was eventually down to around three cars to decide from. One was modified with a body kit, which was not what I wanted, one had a very sketchy service history which left me with the one I have now bought.

It's a 2010 5.0 supercharged Autobiography with 60,000 miles on it and a full LR service history. I've not done anything with it yet, in fact I only got it yesterday and have just taxed it today so not really had the chance to drive it properly, let alone take pictures.

Congratulations! Looks superb.

Cheers Lee, Jeep was just too harsh for my glass back in the end, I loved it and will very much miss it, though won't miss the ride.

That's good to know because I loathed the despicably harsh ride in the X5 so you've saved me finding out the hard way!

Safe to say the RR will be the polar opposite, they simply glide, the nearest you'll get to a 4x4 S-Class.

A small update for anyone considering a Range Rover but concerned about the Chinese Whispers......purchased in Dec 2015, here is the current list of faults to date:-

:bannana:

Just hope I'm not tempting fate.

Attachments

• SAM_0267.jpg
    SAM_0267.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 36
I don't know how you've managed to put up with it for so long pal, bloody reliable Land Rover!

I've been chatting to a few people about Landrover / RangeRovers.

It's clear that there are a fair few number of owners on here. It's even clearer that those who don't either look on and admire the bravery of us owners, or plan to be one themselves.

Come on admin - let's have a sub-forum :eek::dk::fail:bannana::bannana::bannana:
We do not need a sub forum on Land (Range) Rovers, there enough clubs out there already.

Besides the site would probably crash under the load of trying to deal with all the problems associated with said vehicles.

We do not need a sub forum on Land (Range) Rovers, there enough clubs out there already.

Besides the site would probably crash under the load of trying to deal with all the problems associated with said vehicles.

You are probably right on the sub forum bit!
However !
Since Ford got hold of Land Rover and shook the traditional B/L Brit bit out of it, plus the removal of B*******ization by BMW it is actually become a very reliable vehicle under TaTa ownership .
My shop traditionally fixed Land Rover & OMG Jags as a specialization since 1998, but as 2006 onward Land Rover /Jag models appeared with Ford IDS operating systems (and of course Ford Lincoln Mercury based engines) the business of unreliable Land Rovers and Jags started to fade away. Today its a very reliable vehicle, only Toyota/Lexus beats it on the reliability scales by a hair!
Today my core business (the bread and butter) is Mercedes products, particularly Sprinters! On average we fix about 4 to 6 Sprinters per day.
The real challenges are MB electrical systems and communication which provides the bulk of shop revenues. Great shop earners these repair tasks !
I have three Techs dealing with MB's alone!

My shop revenues are much enhanced with MB product service support as an Independent which we have been doing for the past ten years after seeing the Land Rover/Jag business starting to fade out due to their enhanced reliability ! Today we still fix Land Rovers and Jags and we see about one per day mostly for mundane service and brake/suspension steering jobs although I do have a 2012 Supercharged Range Rover in for timing chain problems and a tasty 2010 XKR Jag with gaskets failed ! Silly boy overheated it so it glowed in the dark!
Great shop bottom line earners long live the momentum and I see myself still still fixing MB's well into my seventies!
Cheers
Tuercas Viejas (Old Nuts )

I was hearing the other day from a Merc tech that they are having a horrific time at the moment, with engine issues mainly.
Said the 1.6 units from Renault were failing at an unprecedented rate, and Renault are an absolute nightmare to sign off replacements, want to inspect every engine after the same failed turbo time and time again.

Bit late to the party chap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good with ours as well. Have one fault though - N/S DRL halo light stopped working. Not looked at it yet, maybe next month. Just had it serviced and diff oil topped up (apparently they come underfilled from factory).

Cornwall, last month:

35147522123_d4f3033918_b.jpg

Come on gizze, don't be shy, get yours out for the lads!

Well, mine's on it's way in a couple of weeks unfortunately.

Following on from THIS thread, I'll be part exchanging it at the end of the month as I need to reduce the amount of traffic at my house. And the amount of tax and insurance I'm paying...

Come on gizze, don't be shy, get yours out for the lads!

Haha, I will do.

We have been at a festival this weekend in it, gobbled all the camping gear up with ease.

Couple of shots from when I picked it up.

Attachments

• rrtdv8.jpg
    rrtdv8.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 21
  • rrtdv8Interior.jpg
    rrtdv8Interior.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom