We need a Landrover sub-forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm now in a disco 3 2.7 for winter as with all the flooding Cornwall is getting in winter I don't want to be without a 4x4.

It was a show truck for a roof tent company so looks like it's been off road but it has barely ever seen anything other than a trade show.

I've taken the awning and roof rack off, considering putting the roof rack back on.

Ordered disco 4 lights and front grill as it's looking a tad dated. Also trying to get some l405 21" wheels for it.

Attachments

• image-891561741.jpg
    image-891561741.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 23
My old one after I colour coded it and added the Overfinch wheels:

Darrell said:
The rubber strip along the doors don't do it any favours.

I agree, I'll be taking mine off as they are gopping.

I won't be fully colour coding it though as it's a huge chunk of silver.

I agree, I'll be taking mine off as they are gopping.

I won't be fully colour coding it though as it's a huge chunk of silver.

It wasn't an easy car to colour code because like you say; too much and it's a sea of silver, that was part of the reason I didn't do the door strips.

image-3485217424.jpg

Here's ours taking a comfort break on its way over the Alps, the huge torque of the SDV6 and flappy paddles made it more fun than expected

UK to Lake Garda via a few days in Switzerland averaged 31 mpg, acceptable

Well it's been a blast. For the first time in 7 years I have no Range Rover on the drive.

I did 45,000 miles up to 145,000 in the last one. The worst and only significant bill was for £1300 for a plastic manifold that sits under lots of shit (technical term!).

In the end it was being used as a commuter tool only by the wife, and it just did not make sense in that role. Plus she told me off for driving it and using her fuel every time I went near it...

Well it's been a blast. For the first time in 7 years I have no Range Rover on the drive.

I did 45,000 miles up to 145,000 in the last one. The worst and only significant bill was for £1300 for a plastic manifold that sits under lots of shit (technical term!).

In the end it was being used as a commuter tool only by the wife, and it just did not make sense in that role. Plus she told me off for driving it and using her fuel every time I went near it...

Ill add a Landrover sub section now then :)

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif
The emperor approves then 😊

What’s on the drive nowadays David?

Some great 1967 Landrover Series 2a restoration videos on this YT channel.

Test drove the new defender recently. 3 hours unaccompanied.

absolutely awesome piece of kit, air suspension as standard on the 5 door so rode like a range rover on the motorway and was great off road. Love the retro looks especially from the side profile also. Full of gadgets inside and super roomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom