Weak Burmester in W205 C-Class Cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amigothatway

Loving my non-crabbing (Yet!) C43 Convertible with Premium Plus but there is one niggle after a few days of ownership

I have always upgraded the sound system in any car I buy and have enjoyed 400W to 665W systems from Meridien to Bose and was really looking forward to the Burmester "high end" system in the C43.

Sound quality is great but I am totally underwhelmed with the base/volume - Just feels like the volume knob won't go past 6! Other systems of similar power will suck the air out of your lungs when turned up but this one just tickles your eardrums.

Am I missing something in the settings or my expectations? - Probably just need to move on and enjoy the real soundtrack of the engine!

Loving my non-crabbing (Yet!) C43 Convertible with Premium Plus but there is one niggle after a few days of ownership

I have always upgraded the sound system in any car I buy and have enjoyed 400W to 665W systems from Meridien to Bose and was really looking forward to the Burmester "high end" system in the C43.

Sound quality is great but I am totally underwhelmed with the base/volume - Just feels like the volume knob won't go past 6! Other systems of similar power will suck the air out of your lungs when turned up but this one just tickles your eardrums.

Am I missing something in the settings or my expectations? - Probably just need to move on and enjoy the real soundtrack of the engine!

Have Burmester in mine and it's a "sharp" sound. Very clear definition but not bass heavy as you say. Think the HK in my SL sounds better but it's still good just not an OMG listen to this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume you have COMAND. Have you turned the Bass up on the options? I had a CLK with standard speakers and COMAND and it was quite good. So I'm surprised by this.

If the speakers are anything like the joke Merc fitted to the 204 then it's no supprize there's no bass [emoji849]
ab98e52ced9a1dba5376df0935b75ac8.jpg

Just replaced my door speakers with these
b108d0e24e33e57024dc977a8644f429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that turning off the surround sound in command improved bass somewhat, still not what I expected though.

I had exactly the same on my W205.

I have managed to make it a whole lot better. I think its a huge deficiency with Burmester.

We charge £150 inc VAt to effect the upgrade if you are interested.

Have the crabs arrived yet? Assume you have been following the couple of Posts on this?

I also notice the bass seems to reduce when the volume is turned up further. Lowering the volume again make the bass return.

I previously had a W205 without Burmester and I had to add the tweeters to the doors and also added an Alpine amp and sub in the boot. I think this sounded better than the Burmenster I have now.

i have c250d coupe with Burmester sound(no command). I found that if you turn up bass and treble , when you turn up volume they are cancelled. try to play music through bluetooth from your mobile .turn the volume on mobile while turn up volume on car. Then try to adjust bass and treble it will have a little effect on high volume and more effective on lower volume. Thats usually is same on home amplifiers , the tone effect decreases on higher volumes.
so i leave bass and treble at zero and decrease midrange at minus 3 and i turn off surround.
i also found out that setting speakers in surround mode all to front boosts bass. sometimes i listen in front mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom