Weakness With The Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yalin

Car
Clk 200 Kompressor
Hi there. İ have just bought my W209 which is 4 years old. İt seems like there is something worng with brakes when i am slowing down at not high speed but below 50 km/h... İ had my service b last month and they told me that brakes and disc are in good condition, not a surprise because the car is at 55k.

İt feels like the car is too heavy to stop at panic brakes at lower speeds and abs system is on everytime.

Any idea what could it be?

Thanks.

If the abs is cutting in everytime you use the brakes, I'd want to check the wheel speed sensors and reluctor rings.

Have you got any warning lights on the dashboard?

Not at all. İt brakes really nice at higher speeds, thats the thing confusing me. Abs cuts only at lower speeds... All tires are new.

One of the other members will confirm, but I dont think the abs is active at higher speeds.

If you get the car plugged in to a diagnostic computer, you can check if the abs sensors are giving the correct speed readings. I suspect one of them will not be.

Thanks alot carat, i should better visit the service tomorrow again i guess.
İf its the sensor is it expensive?

Not sure on how much they are, depends on where you get them from. But make sure that it is the sensor, and not the reluctor ring that the sensor is looking at. The ring can corrode away tricking the sensor into thinking the wheel has locked up, then triggering the abs to compensate.

Thanks alot, hope its not something completed and expensive as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom