Weapons grade double sided tape?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Does anyone have any ideas on what is the best make ( and where to buy) of double sided tape to use to stick trim bits and rubbers back on with please?

What do they use in the factory I wonder - something by 3M?

Many thanks

As above 3M VHB. Comes in different thicknesses, if you just need small amounts eBay is your friend ... that's where I got mine from.

gel tape is better than foam tape

There are two types of double sided tape, Heat sensitive acrylic foam tape, where the bond is created by application of heat and there is pressure sensitive acrylic foam tape where the bond is created by pressure. 3m is the best source from their industrial catalogue then via an automotive supplier. Type you need is dependent upon what trim you are trying to attach catalogue gives all the details.

A lot of people use 3M VHB which can be bought over the counter but eventually fails.

Which is best to stick the aluminium rubbing strips along the bottom of doors of my Ponton?
Thanks

I'd use the same stuff my missus does her bikini line with.:eek:
That stuff doesn't mess around:thumb:

So for a Carbon boot lip what would the sticky experts recommend....?
The 3M foam or Gel tape..?
Lee

I'd say M3 and self tappers. Spoiler come under quite a bit of wind buffering so I wouldn't put my faith in tape alone.
Best to also use self tapping screws :thumb:

Yeh I've no probs with using self tappers, the car is not leaving my side, so it won't be going back to standard!
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom