Wearing Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Euro03

Car
Mercedes CLC180K
Guys i have had My W203 for about 6months and done around 4000miles (now up to 39K miles from MB dealership.

The brakes are now feeling spongy and you can feel a lip on the disks themselves. I spoke to the saleperson that i purchased it from and he said if it gets worst bring it in. But as it is still under the 3years old an im going to be expected to pay for these to be sorted? as when i looked on the mercedes servicing set price's Im looking at laying out nearly £500 less than 7months after buying the car.

I have posted this earlier guys but due to bad spelling on my part i have reposted. hope this is better

Are you asking if you have to pay for discs and pads yourself, after doing 4000 miles?

Who else do you think should pay for them?

these were supposable new brakes that were put on by MB when it was went through its MOT before i picked up the car. More of a question of Quality of brakes i had been supplied than who's gone foot the bill.

I doubt that they replaced the discs, more likely just the pads so the wear lip was probably already there. As long as the disc is not at or below the minimum thickness stated in the handbook then the discs should be OK.

Has the brake fluid been changed? If not then it should be and then assess the brakes. If they were new pads I cannot imagine that you could wear them out in 4000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom