Weather.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I got back to the UK last week to do some bits and bobs and cannot believe how bad the weather is. I've just put the heating on!!

I'm going back to Skiathos on Tuesday. It's in the mid 30's!!

August has been poor.

Best UK summer weather is nearly always June/July

Since school broke up around 20th July we have had one day worth going to the beach which is a 10 min drive.
Very disappointing this year and not even a decent Sept can save it.

Yes. Our daughter goes back to school tomorrow. (First day at secondary school :eek:) The weather during the 7 weeks she's been off has been dire. Not cold but very wet & stormy.

The six weeks leading up to her breaking up was stunning sunshine and lots of BBQ's. It seems to be the same every year. :doh:

Off to my cottage in Cornwall in September after the kids have returned to school.
Weather always improves then.

We always stay in the UK during the six-weeks holiday, on the basis that we love holidaying in the UK and at this time we should get the good weather. In recent years it seems the best weather is to be had in early summer, so we might have to rethink our strategy.

The school summer holidays last year were very good.

Because my wife is still off sick with the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome problems we have been lucky enough to spend most of the school holidays in Greece. We will only be able to do 2 weeks next year when she is back at work.

The weather on the West Cost of Scotland has been absolutely horrendous over the past month or so. This year we have dined out "al fresco" twice , and not sat in the garden after 20.00 once.

Kenny

Having 40+ degrees in Italy for 5 consecutive days with night temperatures of 32+ I was looking forward to coming back home to an old good British Summer weather. One sunshine morning two days of drizzle, half a day of downpours, sunshine again and so on.

Hi,
I remember being told about 8 or 9 years ago that the jet stream had moved south "temporarily" and this was the reason for poor summer weather in the UK.
Since then - it seems to have stayed south permanently and UK summers are a washout.
Our son was born on 1st July 2005 and for the first few years we held a nice barbecue in our back garden for his birthday - after that it always seemed to rain on his birthday.
The bad UK weather was one of the reasons we moved to a sunnier place!
Cheers
Steve

I've been in Corfu since mid April and from the 2nd week of June it's varied between hot, bleedin hot and unbearably hot. I'll be glad when September arrives as that usually signifies a cooling off. Also, all the bloody tourists go home.

The Greeks are awful drivers and for the whole of August, the Italians arrive and this leads to a whole new level of carnage.

And breathe.

Give me a couple of weeks of good old English weather, just for the respite.

Don't worry, the kids are going back to school and my holiday is looming so Summer will be coming soon enough.

Give it a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom