Website construction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

I need a website for my new venture and know not a great deal about them.

I understand that you can build your own using a template from many online suppliers, for not a great deal of cash.

However, as I'm not au fait with this method I went and got a quote from a professional. He showed me a super portfolio of sites he has already completed, I have no doubt this chap knows his onions and can give me what I want.

My main question is as follows, he has submitted a quote of £6000, on the nose, to include;

Logo design and creation of stationary and "the brand"
Construction of a website including populating it with my photos, and him writing the content in the correct way
Optimisation of the website for tablets and mobiles

Is the price low, average or high for what would be a quality website, but fairly simple and small in comparison to those which will allow on line commerce etc?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated as I don't really want to spend extra time meeting with other companies if this chap is in the right ball park regarding pricing.

Thank you

I had a website made up in wordpress for very little money due to knowing a guy who had spare time and skill. £100
Used an online logo firm as I had a clear idea what I was after, unlimited tweaks. £15

I'd say your quote is a bit spicy, does it include SEO?

I'd find another website designer. That quote is a laugh.

My daughter would do one for a fraction of that cost and it's not her main occupation. Here is her own site made recently.

Home - TILIREX DESIGNS

The thing to consider is that price possibly includes some support and service too. - It's costly, but is it a justifiable cost for your business venture?

Perhaps ask the guy what you're getting for the money; let him sell you on why he's better than someone a tenth the price?

Wow ha ha, 6k...

Unless it's a large ecommerce platform that needs to integrate with your warehouse stock control system he's pulling your pants down.

I'm a web developer by trade. Feel free to PM me for advice or a quote. I do hosting for many of the sites I've built for companies too for a low monthly or annual fee.

We've just had a stunner of a website built for circa £1500, should be finished this week and when it is I'll PM you a link Calvin so you can see what you should be getting for your money.

I did similar with a designer contact of mine. He did extensive logo design, business card design, email footer & website in Wordpress for 2k. Looks pretty good to me. Site is www.ilok.co.uk if you want to see what it looks like.

The price is high but I expect common to many design/web agencies with big overheads/staff to cover. A smaller business or one man band would be half that or less for all you need.

Wow 6k ...I got my website done for free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom