Website Designer Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Is anybody on the forum experienced/qualified in website design and have the time to design a small website for me?

I need to update my business site Express AutoParts which I designed a long time ago. It is boring and just not very good.

We just want a few pages to explain who we are, where we are and what we do. Not keen on flashy, flash sites, just plain, simple, attractive and intuitive.

We are working on a major website development with on-line shopping catalog etc but we way behind schedule and want a few updated pages to keep us going.

Ideally it would be good if somebody could design the graphical look and feel and I could add our text and pictures myself, preferably in MSFrontpage as thats what I know, unless somebody can recommend another package.

I am willing to pay, but don't want to pay thousands of pounds. I thought somebody here might be looking for a bit of extra income and we could help each other out.

James, a good friend of mine is a website designer.

PM me if you want his details.

Website

I would suggest having the site built using a database, that way you can add text, images to it yourself via an Admin system.

I normally build these so the client can add text/items to the site using a simple form, even images can be added this way.

If you are looking to add in a Shopping cart at some stage, you would be looking to drive it from a Database anyway, so good way to start is already have one in place to enable you to easily add/update the site, without having to alter the pages, in programs such as Frontpage.

jimmy said:
Is anybody on the forum experienced/qualified in website design and have the time to design a small website for me?

I need to update my business site Express AutoParts which I designed a long time ago. It is boring and just not very good.

We just want a few pages to explain who we are, where we are and what we do. Not keen on flashy, flash sites, just plain, simple, attractive and intuitive.

We are working on a major website development with on-line shopping catalog etc but we way behind schedule and want a few updated pages to keep us going.

Ideally it would be good if somebody could design the graphical look and feel and I could add our text and pictures myself, preferably in MSFrontpage as thats what I know, unless somebody can recommend another package.

I am willing to pay, but don't want to pay thousands of pounds. I thought somebody here might be looking for a bit of extra income and we could help each other out.

I use Plesk (very cheap) to maintain mail and tecky stuff for all my Domains and OS Commerce (free) to manage the sites and tie them all in to its database/stock control/VAT/merchant account etc.

Once set-up its a breeze.

Last edited:
Tools that build sites

There are a number of application technologies that can produce quite elegant sites in terms of functionality with very little skills - PHP is a scripting type lanuage (this MBClub forum uses PHP) that has enabled the creation of sites that can be updated online (once up and running there is no HTML) for example see the content managment system: http://www.mamboserver.com/ - such a site needs to be hosted on a PHP enabled server (this is not as complex as it sounds your current provider may have this installed already) *there are other conent manamgement systems

Once this type of system is installed you can do a lot yourself in terms of updating etc

I know you mentioned that you don't like flashy sites - althought this application uses macromedia flash technology they are very professional looking templates that would seem to be a good interm solution for you at a very low cost see http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=home&product=sites

Its good that you have an idea interm of what you want the site to do (where you are, what you do, etc). I think there can be a lot done in terms of using your internet technology as part of your companies overal strategy.
One trival example is stock manangement, re-ordering, etc.

Here's my webfolio..(as a reserve, if everyone else is busy).

Shopping / content management system is a must so you can maintain it yourself.

If you are not too fussy on design, you can start running out of the box with products such as actinic Catalog, it's been around much longer than most, and is more refined and secure than most
http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/catalog.htm
free trial you can download to play with.

If you can use an Office suite you can use this, it's database driven, you enter products and details, and just publish it yourself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom