Websites That buy your car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davycaslad

Car
C 320 cdi sport
Hi Guys

which website is the best for buying your car as i have checked out a few ( webuyanycar ... jamjars )

just wanted to know which was the best and does anyone have any experience of these sites

What I've heard from other's experiences of 'webuyanycar':

They offer you dealer part-ex value for your car. When you take it to them, they pick over the condition and try and knock down the price. Since you're already there, they rely on most people accepting.

ISTR they are Carcraft.

Anyone know if there is a similar site, but for motorcycles? I tried webuyanybike.com but nothing there....

They will all look at giving below book, they will try any excuse and as previously stated once youre there, they will offer less than the initial extimate.

WBAC Offered me £3k over px for the CLS55 and exactly the same as MB dealer offered as a PX doing me a "favour"

They are quite local to me so I may pop down to see what they say face to face

just wanted to know which was the best and does anyone have any experience of these sites

i used webuyanycar.com and they were fine, as long as you are as honest as possible during the online vehicle details submission, they seem to be fine. After the valuation, there was no pressure on me to take the offer and it was valid for 7 days. We went away thought about it and called back and accepted the next day.

I'd use them again.

just put in the details of the picasso..... atleast i know how low i need to go when haggling with a buyer.

But what did they offer for the Alfa ? :D

But what did they offer for the Alfa ? :D

:p

i'm loving that car at the moment though; its back & fixed. I'm even considering attending an Alfa meet!

When I was selling the BMW I tried a few of these sites. Ulltimately one of the traders suggested ringing round the franchise dealers was my best bet as they may have someone in mind so would pay more for a quick turnaround. Ultimately this worked. May be worh a go.

Wash it, take some good photos. Write a good listing.

Put it on eBay at 99p start, no reserve.

It will sell for more than these dealer websites will offer you.

Webuyanycar has valued my W203 at £2345 (minus a fee of £29.99).

In 3 years time (when it is 10) it will be worth £2000 if the scrappage scheme is still going.

That's excellent depreciation - £300 in 3 years.

Shame about the first 7 years (£23k depreciation).

It will sell for more than these dealer websites will offer you.[/QUOTE]

You offering a personal guarantee to that effect? :)

It will sell for more than these dealer websites will offer you.

You offering a personal guarantee to that effect? :)

I've sold a number of motors on eBay, all with:

1/ Lots of good photos (one motor, a Range Rover Classic LSE had more than 100 photos).
2/ Lots of words (incl. all the history and major receipts, and every little fault right down to the slightest mark)
3/ 99p start and no reserve

...and they have always sold well, for above a price that I wanted.

1/ Lots of good photos (one motor, a Range Rover Classic LSE had more than 100 photos).
2/ Lots of words (incl. all the history and major receipts, and every little fault right down to the slightest mark)

Well, I've never sold anything on eBay.

What would happen if I did as you said and the highest bid was half the value of my car?

Totally agree I sold my father inlaws 2004 Range rover and put it up at 99p no reserve sold for £2000 more than we thought it was worth.

I but and sell alot of items on ebay, most of what i buy are items listed incorrectly and i then re-sell with decent listings and photos.

Last year i bought a 2002 Zafira with 68,000 miles on the clock for £2000, really nice carm flew upto Newcastle drove it back sold it for £3500 within 2 weeks.

Reason I bought it so cheep was there was poor photos and it was listed in the wrong catagory.

99p Auctions make sense as everyone bidding can win, most cars are over priced on BIN listings and I would say if your listing is decent you will possibly get a better price.

Well, I've never sold anything on eBay.

What would happen if I did as you said and the highest bid was half the value of my car?

If its listed correctly and you have a true valuation of your car then you should not have a problem.

Its always worth looking ahead, I once had an auction frinish when england played Germany.......:mad:..... not many people on ebay then!

I usualy finish my auction about 7:15pm or 8:15pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday which seem the best times.

...then that was the true value of your car :p

A well presented ad will always (unless it finishes at something stupid like 3am, in the middle of the World Cup) get the best price for a motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom