webuyanycar.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are several previous threads on them...
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=1961911

Its not a scam, just a front for carcraft the car supermarket. I used them, and would happily use them again, depending on type and age of car if I needed to dispose quickly - for a C250TD I suspect you will be raped on price.

Last edited:
just stick it on ebay with no reserve if you want shot quickly.

just stick it on ebay with no reserve if you want shot quickly.

+1 - I've sold a number of cars on ebay, works a treat. You could try a 3 day auction if you're in a hurry. Another thought is ebay with Buy it now or Best Offer. You can even set it up to automatically reject silly low offers.

Thanks for all the posts and the PM I recieved guys, plenty of food for thought there.

I sold my car today to a family in East Anglia. I had to drive it over to them due to their work constraints, but the gentleman test drove it and paid my asking price. I've just got back in from the train ride home. I have to say, I had a lump in my throat as I was hacking along the A roads over the Penines, it was like being able to spend one last day playing with your favourite pet. The CLK will have a lot to live upto.....

They are genuine but will always give a cheap price. I guess it's ideal if you are just desperate to release some cash quickly. I first saw them on a TV add.

I didn't intend to offend anyone with that post, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. But the first thing they say when I tell them I'm in Manchester is that it's too far away. It amazes me as one of the things Auto Trader does is tell you how far the car you are viewing is from your post code!

None taken, no worries! :cool:

Btw, agree with you that its unreasonable when people try to haggle over the phone before having seen the car, but looks like its all sorted now.

To be honest, I had a very positive experience with them. They quoted one price for an Audi I had, which was over the private seller price. When I took it to them, they inspected it and made a lower offer based on the fact the turbo sounded very unhealthy. I was a little annoyed they pointed out that "it has had paint on the front end" since I'd spent a couple of hundred sorting out bad stonechipping to sell it privately. The price paid was probably not far off what I would have received from a private seller, and the cash was transferred within 3 days. No hassle whatsoever...

..and that turbo was on it's way out!! ;)

They offered me £17.8k for my CLK55 AMG Cabriolet back in March this year. A MB dealer gave me £23.5k in p/x in April.

My last 2 petrol Mercedes sold within 2 days on Pistonheads at my full asking price. The key is good photos, honest description and a realistic price. Both buyers came over from Ireland, were cars are far more expensive, and drove away delighted. If some one is travelling that far the seller is clearly in very strong position to get their full asking price.
Ebay is a bit more hit and miss as buyers assume the car has issues and expect, quite rightly,auction prices unless dealer facilities are offered.

They gave my brother £1,300 for hi 10 year old, very high mileage Beamer with a blown engine when the only other offers he got were from scrappies. He was gobsmacked, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom