Wedding Car Duties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I'm pretty pleased (flattered if I'm being honest) that I've been asked to provide a wedding car service for a couple of my tenants that are getting married in May.

I've pointed out that my car is generally known as the hearse, but it seems the bride still wishes to be delivered to the church and subsequent reception/departure in it.

Naturally I've "requested" that the groom (who's in charge of transport) adorns it in a paint friendly way and he tells me it's only ribbons/bows under the bonnet/wing closure.

And I've gently but firmly suggested that if (for the reception departure) it becomes adorned with tin cans and "just married" in shaving foam along it's length, then new accommodation will need to be found upon their return from honeymoon :crazy::D.

Are you the chauffeur or self drive?

Still want to book you for my funeral John. :)

Hopefully not for a while yet, but I'm sure that you'll still have a black AMG Wagon. :D

I used my E55 as a wedding car for my eldest daughter last year. It got a few favourable comments.
IMG_0957_zpsmw45zxo6.jpg

Best check your insurance covers weddings. If the worst does happen you don't want your insurers wriggling off the hook.

Good luck with your new career too ;)

Best check your insurance covers weddings. If the worst does happen you don't want your insurers wriggling off the hook.

Hmmm, I hadn't considered that - thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Hmmm, I hadn't considered that - thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Please let us know their feedback, as you can never be too sure these days. As far as I am concerned, it should not be different from taking a friend to the airport: it is something that professional drivers provide as a paid service, but as long as it is an occasional and free of charge favour, you really should not need to have any specific insurance cover for it.

I was thinking this, but then you could be going to a friend's wedding in your car. You would need liability insurance but I think only if it was being hired out and payment for services??

Mine's booked for number 2 son's wedding next September. Found out last week that it's the 3 bridesmaids I've got to look after;)

Well done John.

I've been told to rev the nuts off the 63 when dropping son at his school prom this year. I reminded him that it was an E63 and not a C63 and one doesn't need to rev it's nuts off for attention.

Nice one John. AMGeed, that's a lovely picture.

Here's my old girl doing her duty last year. Doing a prom run for a friends daughter in a couple of months so I'd better get scrubbing again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 89
An E63 wedding car, good MB advert for " I'm getting married in the morning"

I took the grooms men to and fro one if my friends weddings last October - upon request by him too
I managed to get a prime spot outside the country manor as a result

Good luck

Quick update - Aviva have said as it's a one off and there's no payment I'm covered under the SDP aspect of my policy :thumb:.

Oops, forgot to post these, from a very pleasant day :thumb:.

Oops, forgot to post these, from a very pleasant day :thumb:.

Bonnet ribbons blew off at speed did they? :dk: ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom