Wedding car - something for the car buffs out there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
I’m due to get married in the next 24 months and finding a suitable wedding car is proving almost impossible.

In May I hired a 1969 E-type roadster in the Cotswolds for the proposal and that was an amazing experience (well recommended for any occasion) and I would like something equally impressive for the wedding day.

I’m not interested in modern Bentleys or Rollers because they aren’t exactly a special site on the road.

I’ve looked around for a Bentley blower/Tourer as I think that this would be my perfect car with its looks, power, presence and sound, but I would happily consider any other car that ticks the same boxes!

So has anyone got any good ideas for an impressive and different wedding car and/or knows where I can find one?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Don't know if you could find one over here, but one of my favourites would be
cord.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you should post this. I don't like American cars normally but strangely enough I've always been very impressed with the look of Cord's.

We had a Bentley S2, not dissimilar to this:

800px-1962_Bentley_S2_Mulliner_Drophead_Coupe.JPG

It really was a wonderful car. Our was sort of a slate blue colour, which was perfect because it doesn't clash with white or cream dresses.

The place that supplied ours had seven IIRC - combination of saloon and convetible, Rolls Royce and Bentley, slate blue and navy over silver. Think he's sold up now.

We had a 1924 Hispano-Suiza H6B for myself and bride and a classic 1950's coach to transport others from church to reception venue

Bentley S2 is a lovely looking car and well worth considering but I've just 'google imaged' a Hispano-Suiza H6B and that looks fantastic too. Hopefully I'll have quite a comprehensive list to work from before this thread is committed to the 'thread graveyard'.

Open-top, Horse-drawn carriage;) The traditional four legged variety as opposed to four wheeled horsepower. Is that an option?

You're right Pammy, horse power is better then horsepower! but it seems to be getting a little 'footballers wedding' for my liking and apparently you're not suppose to dress the horses with flowers because thats reserved for Cockney funerals!!!

If we decide to get married in the countryside then its a definate may be but if we plumb for Central London then it's a no-no.

I'm not sure where you are but these people are about a mile from me.

Wedding Cars

9 cars, all white, 7 Rolls Royces, 1 Bentley and 1 Lanchester with ages ranging from 1927 to 1937

I might be going out on a limb here but Dan will have this finished for September

Ferrari Limousine

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you are but these people are about a mile from me.

Wedding Cars

9 cars, all white, 7 Rolls Royces, 1 Bentley and 1 Lanchester with ages ranging from 1927 to 1937

Thought he was going to suggest the Viano for a moment :D :bannana:

Rather than build your hopes up too much, why not carry out bucket loads of research and see what vehicles are available with your area of wallet :devil: then draw up a list and we could all choose a different vehicle :) (joke) I love the really old open topped Mercedes-Benz but sadly they have a history:

lst0027.jpg

You're right Pammy, horse power is better then horsepower! but it seems to be getting a little 'footballers wedding' for my liking and apparently you're not suppose to dress the horses with flowers because thats reserved for Cockney funerals!!!

If we decide to get married in the countryside then its a definate may be but if we plumb for Central London then it's a no-no.

I know where you're coming from. And agree, if in a big toen or city then maybe not - but elswhere would be stunning ;)

Thought he was going to suggest the Viano for a moment :D :bannana:

Not a bad idea for some of the guests. Shove 'em in the back and find a route back to the hotel with the most speed humps possible.

We restored the Hispano-Suiza for the owner who is now a good friend. Googling images can be a bit hit and miss as the cars were often supplied as a bare chassis to a coachbuilder to put a body of their own design onto the chassis.

This is the car in question:
weddingcar.jpg

Same owner also has a 1934 Packard Super 8 which we restored from a bare chassis and boxes of bits
packard1.jpg

The latter car has also been used as a wedding car for a friend, but its less good as it only has two doors and entry/egress from the back seat is not so easy.

The Hispano has since been sold.

Last edited:
I've found a couple of possibilities but having looked at most wedding hire websites I think I'm going to have to think outside of the box just as Kenmerc suggested.

What do you think of this:

http://www.ashley-wedding-cars.co.uk/select-convertible-lagonda.htm

P.S

During my engagement weekend I was staying at this pub where the landlord was friendly with Nick Mason's (Pink Floyd drummer) mechanic and as we were only a two minute drive from the aircraft hanger where most of Mr Mason's cars are kept I was invited to take a look around. One word - HEAVEN.... Aston’s, Bugatti’s, AC’s, Ferrari GTO 250, Daytona, Porsche 956, 1959 Maserati...etc.etc..must of been a few million quids worth of metal and I was like a kid in a sweet shop. Wish I was mates with Nick Mason!!

Considering the GTO is probably worth £ 3 million on its own, then yes!

One was supposedly sold at the height of the 1990's boom for a reputed £ 8 million, although not sure if that is folklore or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom