Weird Bluetooth issue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
My '56 plate E280CDi Sport has the Bluetooth module in the armrest cubby box. I use (still!) a Windows Phone, running 8.1 rather than WP10. It paired with the module straight away, and it's downloaded all my contacts. I can make calls easily enough (it would be nice to have my most-used numbers somewhere easily accessible on the screen, I've not worked out if that's do-able yet!), but......when I get an incoming call, the screen shows a 'right arrow' as an instruction to accept the call. What am I supposed to press to take the call??!

The obvious telephone-off-the-hook logo button, on the Comand unit or the steering wheel, doesn't do it, neither do either of the buttons with a 'right arrow' logo. If I accept the call on the phone's screen, it's routed to the phone itself rather than through the car's system. I've managed to accept a couple of calls by pressing, on one occasion, the bottom-left soft button, and on another the button that looks like a fast-forward button, the one under 'SERV' on the left of the unit - what's going on there, as on other calls neither of them worked?! Weird!

Is it my antiquated phone causing problems do you think? It worked fine in our '06 R500 with the same module fitted.

Pete

I wouldn't think it is the phone, Bluetooth is Bluetooth and although there are different varieties, the differences are subtle. Later versions of Bluetooth allow things like giving the option to read out a received text message as well as making and receiving calls. I'm also a Windows phone user and my previous one running 8.1 worked fine with the Bluetooth unit in my car (integrated into a Kenwood head unit) and my current one running WP10 works exactly the same. Afraid I can't help with the specific problem as my partner has only recently bought her R171 SLK and we have so far failed to find a Bluetooth module to fit in it at anything less than an eye watering price.

Thanks for the reply. I've been sitting in the car playing with the unit for a while - I noticed that if I press the 'answer' button on the unit towards the left edge of it (rather than in the centre), it works! So, I'm thinking years of accumulated muck may be preventing proper contact. I've applied some electrical cleaner, left it a while and then operated the button plenty of times and it seems to be working properly now. I was so pleased, I came back inside out of the rain to make a brew and forgot to apply the same treatment to the buttons on the steering wheel! :wallbash: I'll do it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom