Weird Issue with a Dension Gateway 5000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyN

My local fitter (and also a good friend) fitted this into my dad's 52 C Class.
He doesn't and hasn't ever had a CD changer fitted (in case it has a bearing). We used the D2B fibre loom that came with the kit and all initially looked good.
On initial power up the ipod worked a treat, however, when you then turn the ignition on and back off there is no audio, everything else works, i.e. skipping tracks etc. In order for the audio to work again you have to press the reset button for the Dension, trouble is as soon as the ignition is 'recycled' same happens
Ideas anyone?

What head unit does the car have and did it ever have anything on the D2B or have you just installed the first bits of fibre in the car now?

Standard head unit (not helpful i know, its an avantgarde model) and no, never anything on D2B. But why would it work then not?

Its not coded, as far as i am aware the Gateway 500 pretends to be a changer thats fine if the car knows to look for one but its config is telling it there is nothing on the bus.

If you where to get somebody with a DAS to tell it there is a changer installed i think you should be fine.

That does make sense and I have thought that. But...why would it work initially then just stop. That's the thing im struggling to comprehend.

That does make sense and I have thought that. But...why would it work initially then just stop. That's the thing im struggling to comprehend.

Well it could of course be a bad gateway but while the normal party line is D2B either works or it doesn't it can be intermittent and if what its actually detecting and what it is coded to think differ its going to be confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom