Weird oil/diesel leak? OM651

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hi guys,

Have a weird oil/diesel leak on my 250 OM651

BED32-D6-E-14-AA-4358-A9-A5-B340-BC5-E8520.jpg

As you can see the oil is pooling around the injectors, it’s possibly dieselt too.

Currently the only explanation we have is the injector leak off pipe leaking diesel and that ruining the rocker cover gasket.

So I have got a new rocker cover gasket, injector seals/stretch bolts and a replacement leak off pipe. These will be getting changed on Wednesday at my indie. Over £500 inc parts (MB) and labour.

Does it sound like we are on the right track?

It’s definitely losing oil as the level is lower after a few thousand miles, there is most likely some diesel being lost too as it smells a bit like diesel.....

79-F87-A75-0203-4-D62-AA5-B-46-F84-EB02109.jpg

Car still drives 100% spot on, it doesn’t seem like an injector leak as there is no distinctive noise or sign of black death. Looking through the service history it has been happening for over 4 years and the p/o never bothered to have it fixed.

I’m also having the waterpump changed and a coolant change at the same time.... just want to get the common issues sorted and enjoy the car.... I know I know I’m too fussy ;)

Thanks... :)

Blimey last owner left it.. looks a right mess.

I've up to my last car spent thousands bringing cars up to showroom condition replacing parts that I thought would need doing within 12 months etc.

I'm happy to say I'm cured and wont be sinking 1000's of pounds anymore into basic servicing that hasn't been carried out when it should.

Believe me anyone who ever bought a car of me probably got better service than a trader!

Apologies for the digressing - hope you get it fixed and sorted without any major issues.

I'm pondering two cars at the moment both AMG cars ones a W222 and the other W216.

Looks like the start of Black Death but before it carbonises. Get it quick and it’ll be an easier job

Well it’s getting fixed on Wednesday but the car will cover 500 miles before that :)

Hi guys,

Have a weird oil/diesel leak on my 250 OM651

BED32-D6-E-14-AA-4358-A9-A5-B340-BC5-E8520.jpg

As you can see the oil is pooling around the injectors, it’s possibly dieselt too.

Currently the only explanation we have is the injector leak off pipe leaking diesel and that ruining the rocker cover gasket.

So I have got a new rocker cover gasket, injector seals/stretch bolts and a replacement leak off pipe. These will be getting changed on Wednesday at my indie. Over £500 inc parts (MB) and labour.

Does it sound like we are on the right track?

It’s definitely losing oil as the level is lower after a few thousand miles, there is most likely some diesel being lost too as it smells a bit like diesel.....

79-F87-A75-0203-4-D62-AA5-B-46-F84-EB02109.jpg

Car still drives 100% spot on, it doesn’t seem like an injector leak as there is no distinctive noise or sign of black death. Looking through the service history it has been happening for over 4 years and the p/o never bothered to have it fixed.

I’m also having the waterpump changed and a coolant change at the same time.... just want to get the common issues sorted and enjoy the car.... I know I know I’m too fussy ;)

Thanks... :)

The coolant inlet /outlet fuel filter housing is the original two bolt flange ?

At least it won’t rust! ;)

(Sorry I couldn’t be of more help Abs :D)

At least it won’t rust! ;)

(Sorry I couldn’t be of more help Abs :D)
:p:D

Oh that’s not bad, labour wise?

It's a bummer as a lot has to come off to get to the filter housing.
We did one a while ago, you have to first remove the Vacuum Sensor, then remove the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Cooler.
With these out you then have access to remove the Fuel Filter Housing (with some bendy sockets).

Coolant Leak Source W212 E250 OM651 ?

I'd maybe have had all the engine here cleaned of the oil/diesel to then see if I could identify the source.

Hopefully your garage will get this sorted but I'd have them check the filter housing and if it's the old type change this too at the same time.

Well..

Today I had a new rocker cover gasket, all injectors resealed with new copper seals and stretch bolts, new waterpump, new coolant, new injector leak off pipe, and a new serpentine belt.....

Going back next week for a new serpentine belt tensioner which I have ordered.

Only time will tell if it has cured the issue :rolleyes::)

Well it’s back, I’m honestly bewildered at what the **** it could be....

10-FA4-A6-B-3208-4-BED-9518-F404554-C7580.jpg

Looks like you still have a leaky injector, not sealing properly.. hope it's a simple fix..
Can’t be mate it’s engine oil by the looks of it?

@BlackC55 any ideas?

Injectors resealed
Rocker gasket replaced
Diesel injector leak off pipe replaced

Yet it’s still happening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom