Weird windows & sunroof in w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CHRIS STARKEY

Car
E250CDI '12, 300SL '90, E320CDi '01 estate, C250 '96 estate. c180 estate, 300CE24 coupe, 200E estate
I have just bought a C250 elegance '96 estate & to close the passenger window I have to press the rear driver window switch first? Once that works the one touch down works OK.
Also when the drivers front window is down (one touch doesn't work on it) when I put it back up - the sunroof opens !!!!!!!!
I read somewhere about a faulty rear drivers window motor causing similar problems - anyone any idea anyone ??

cheers
Chris

Wierd one, was the car wet (washed, car wash, rained on etc) as my old W202 windows used to play up after a good soaking & worked fine once dried out.

This never happened to me. My wife's old w202 was very reliable. But didn't have electric rears, nor a sunroof for matter:D

My 1999 C43 estate sunroof sometimes sticks on opening /closing and when this happens, it wont close with the key. At other times it works normally.

Had a 95 W202 "M" C250D Elegance Saloon. Thought it was the mutts - till the electrics started to play up. Came back to the car one night after visiting a buddy in dock and the rear near-side window was down! Thought Id been broken into - but no, just the window down. Got it back up by switching the front and rear switches round. 124 Works sussed it by working a bit of trickery with the "comfort unit" else it would have been a new one. Also have had a W202 petrol 1.8, Elegance, no worries at all with the 'lectrics on that. So perhaps your problem lies with the "comfort unit" Sorry I'm not a techie so cant help much more than that.

Thanks all,
I'll try & locate the "comfort relay" although it sounds like something to do with a queue in an American toilet !!
cheers
Chris

Thanks but I have an estate & cant see it by the spare wheel - anyone any ideas where it is on an estate ?

cant see it there, only the locking pump.
Mind you I'm not sure what it looks like!

does it have a vacuum pipe coming from it?

part no 202 800 19 48 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom