Weistec Charged Ordered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BFT

Car
SL55 AMG
As always cheers to Acid top fella!! :thumb:

Weistec charger ordered for the SL55 AMG. Got an 82mm throttle body cheap from the Germany.

Mercedes GL ML W164 X164 W221 W251 W216 W219 CL CLS Drosselklappe A2731410325 | eBay - 245 EURO plus 20 EURO delivery - 1 left!

Few other bits likely to go on but all fitting is being done at MSL.

Looking forward to it!

Few nice bits going up in the for sale section shortly...

As always cheers to Acid top fella!! :thumb:

Weistec charger ordered for the SL55 AMG. Got an 82mm throttle body cheap from the Germany.

Mercedes GL ML W164 X164 W221 W251 W216 W219 CL CLS Drosselklappe A2731410325 | eBay - 245 EURO plus 20 EURO delivery - 1 left!

Few other bits likely to go on but all fitting is being done at MSL.

Looking forward to it!

Few nice bits going up in the for sale section shortly...

Well done mate, your car is going to be a real monster, and great you managed to source a merc 82mm TB for a bargain price, good luck with the conversion. Dare I say another 1st for MSL Weistec 55 AMG conversion:thumb:

This Project is another First and will be Epic !!!

Well done Acid & BFT!

That's going to be scary!!

Well done mate, cars in safe hands

This surely calls for a build thread on this historic occasion :D

Good man going for this and well done Acid with another UK first. It will be great to see how things progress and see how the car will perform compared to the other heavily modded 55K's.

Nice one John and welcome to the Weistec club.

Acid will look after you and turn your car into another MSL Monster.

Last edited:
Good for you BFT, I believe 1st 55 in this country to do this, going to be at another level, and with MSL's back up as well.
Lee 63, was brave taking his 63 there as a 1st, but had a good deal, cost wise, but still a very big, big step, and seems he has no regrets, it's going to be fun seeing his weistec 63 run at Vmax sometime, hopefully, more so as he is not sitting on his laurels, further stages are planned and going to be fitted apparently, so well done Lee and Acid, need people like yourselves to push all this performance forward, great reading and seeing at the future events.

This said BFT, think you may have the thistle end of a big bill here, so all the more commendable that you go for this mate, and truly hope for big end achievements, to my mind, am thinking that no one exactly knows what's going to be the outcome of this mod to a 55K, albeit think someone in the US has done this, bar it will be one, if not the fastest 55 in the UK, all the best mate, look forward to reading it all, and hopefully seeing it at Acid,s Dyno day, :thumb: I will be going up for that, his previous days have been brilliant, well worth the travel.

Cheers all :)

Yep will be the first 55k I believe in the UK.

Will be running on Acid's dyno and my own. Returning mine back to full standard prior to the conversion.

Been speaking to Acid about lots of things on parts, and we are looking forward to going big on Weistec parts here!

Seen Lee's car in person and it's a work of art :)

82mm throttle body arrived today. Absolute bargain for £220.

One more left in the link I posted up the top guys.

Yep will be the first 55k I believe in the UK.

All R230 SL55s are supercharged (as standard) though?

Presumably this is replacing the AMG SC with a 'better' Weistec one, which gives more power than you can get by changing pulleys etc. on the stock SC?

It is better in volume. You can spin it faster (as fast or faster than a standard 55 charger with a smaller pulley). The WT one is a 3L IIRC. The standard is a 2.1 IIRC. The bearings on a standard charger cant cope as well as a WT system too.

You have a PM

How is that better than spinning the standard supercharger faster? Genuine question - not an argument!

The main game changer with the Weistec SC is the intercooler design, stock was always the weakest link, (heat soak) more cool air (volume)more horses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom