Weistec E63 ECU & Down Pipes @ MSL Performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
Hey Guys

All the Figures are Wheel Horse Power bit typically we normally use 18% Drive Loss on the Gearbox.

Stock Run was with NO mods
MSL Box was with Weistec Down Pipes and Tuning Box
4TH - 4th Gear Run Weistec Down Pipe and Weistec ECU Tune
5TH - 5th Gear Run Weistec Down Pipe and Weistec ECU Tune

This has to be one of the Most Powerful E63s in the Country!!!!

Next Stage Bigger Turbos!!

Awesome results Acid, having driven this car prior to the Weistec ECU tune (Cheers Dave) it must now be something else, it totally impressed me then listening to the turbo spool up and down:eek: and the bark.

Thanks guys, and kudos to Acid for getting this sorted. It took a while as it's a one off really, but it's now come together really well, :)

I'll add a bit later on about my findings, suffice to say that the drive home was awesome, with the power just coming in so smoothly from really low down the rev range. A bit too much traffic to do much with it today but it really was amusing, especially kicking the back end out at just over the legal speed limit on the M6. :D.

We like MSL :)

Nice results Dave. How does the exhaust sound? I am getting a v5 EC tune thrown on mine soon it will be interesting to compare charts.

Justin

Cheers Justin,

Exhaust sounds incredible. Not as loud as Acid's (though not far off) but very subdued under normal driving conditions. If you give it a little bit though then it sounds like an angry bear. :)

The main difference with those front pipes is being able to hear the turbos spooling up, even at low revs. Very difficult to hear with the standard ones in place, but it was the first thing I noticed when I first got them fitted.

Let me know how you get on with yours?

Nice results Dave. How does the exhaust sound? I am getting a v5 EC tune thrown on mine soon it will be interesting to compare charts.

Justin

Justin

You should bring it down to US so we can run it on the Same Dyno to compare the differences.
The EC map will also be great as we done the EC on the Bi-turbo When Jerry came down but the maps now are much more powerful.

Bring Paul @ EC with you :D

Acid

daveenty said:
Cheers Justin, Exhaust sounds incredible. Not as loud as Acid's (though not far off) but very subdued under normal driving conditions. If you give it a little bit though then it sounds like an angry bear. :) The main difference with those front pipes is being able to hear the turbos spooling up, even at low revs. Very difficult to hear with the standard ones in place, but it was the first thing I noticed when I first got them fitted. Let me know how you get on with yours?

Excellent Dave, my Rado sounds the same it really pops and bangs under full throttle but it's ok as a normal drive. The 1st thing I noticed when Andy took it for a drive was the turbo whine from the extra boost.

Will let you know how I get on with the v5.

Cheers

ACID@MSL said:
Justin You should bring it down to US so we can run it on the Same Dyno to compare the differences. The EC map will also be great as we done the EC on the Bi-turbo When Jerry came down but the maps now are much more powerful. Bring Paul @ EC with you :D Acid
Acid, Would be interested to see how it compares. I have the version before at the moment it's the one I ran at vmax and a few on from the CL's but the v5 should get me a few more BHP. Moving house in March but will see if Paul wants to come up a for run in April. Cheers Justin

Last edited:
Congratulations, Dave. Well worth the wait.

Bigger turbos next, eh? ;-)

Not the first thing that springs to mind Alex. :)

Think I may have to look at transmissions before putting more torque through it...

Nice one Dave. Well worth the wait;)
Kudos to Acid as well. Another MSL success:thumb:

Nice work guys .. Glad to see it come together Dave .. All those long days without the ecu & resorting to Stella have all paid off :thumb:

Nice work guys .. Glad to see it come together Dave .. All those long days without the ecu & resorting to Stella have all paid off :thumb:

Yep....all that winging and whining on WhatsApp "Where's my ECU".....thank fcuk it's all sorted and we can happily open our phones to just a couple of messages :bannana:

Well done Acid

Some serious power there Dave, were you there today getting it sorted?

I was supposed to pop in but got held up in London and ended up just coming straight up the road.

Yep....all that winging and whining on WhatsApp "Where's my ECU".....thank fcuk it's all sorted and we can happily open our phones to just a couple of messages :bannana:

ha ha the politician as ever Chris....I seem to remember someone else moaning on Whatts App :dk:

No idea what you mean Chris
confused.gif
... Never really heard of anyone complaining on there? Oh, something about transmissions I seem to remember recently... :doh: :D :D

Well done Acid

Some serious power there Dave, were you there today getting it sorted?

I was supposed to pop in but got held up in London and ended up just coming straight up the road.

Was down early doors till about midday as I had things which needed doing so I'd probably have missed you. Developer John wandered in for an hour or so, so I had a bit of company an another root round his new hearse. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom