Weistec Engineering - The World's Fastest and Quickest AMG 63 / M156

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The _Don

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mb
[YOUTUBE]lHbqTCxkyDY[/YOUTUBE]

If you think the Merc was fast then you'll appreciate the Honda that went even faster and is hampered with front wheel drive and 4 less cylinders and it's NASP.
The C63 does sound and look the part though.

Same track, same date,,,,,,

All Motor Record SpeedFactory / Avid Racing / Skunk 2 Honda Civic - Joel Sipes 9.81 @ 137mph - YouTube

And your point is....:confused:
First it's not a C63 but a CLK63 Black Series...

Consider the power to weight ratio of the two cars...
Stock CLK63BS about 1750Kg, Honda Civic 1000KG
Take 1000KG off of the Weistec car and how fast will it go ?
Earl's car has brute power and with the Merc rear suspension it's amazing that he can launch so well !!!!

I went as fast as the Honda forty years ago with a carbureted 3200 lb car..:thumb:

Ed A.

P.S.

The Merc owner is from the U.K. but keeps the BS in the USA.

Last edited:
As it upsets you I will ask the mods to delete the post.

As it upsets you I will ask the mods to delete the post.

Far from upsetting...just doesn't make any valid point...

In drag racing ( other then bracket ) cars are separated into classes by power to weight ratio.

The Honda as fast as it may appear is proportionately slower then the CLK63BS when you take into account the weight of the Merc.

The Merc went 2/10 slower carrying about 750kg more weight...which means it's RWP is 700+ HP.
Equalize the weight and the Merc will ET around 8.5 and trap close to 160 !!!

Ed A.

Last edited:
You're making a comparison between the 2 cars, I wasn't,
I appreciate the Merc ran a fast 1/4 mile time for a super charged AMG 63BS and the tittle is clear enough "The World's Fastest and Quickest AMG 63 / M156".
The Honda also happened to be at the same track on the same dates and set a new world record in it's race class, I appreciate the engineering and skill require to reach this level in any class of drag racing as I'm sure you do, the fact I posted in the same thread was for others to share the appreciation not compare.

You're making a comparison between the 2 cars, I wasn't,
I appreciate the Merc ran a fast 1/4 mile time for a super charged AMG 63BS and the tittle is clear enough "The World's Fastest and Quickest AMG 63 / M156".
The Honda also happened to be at the same track on the same dates and set a new world record in it's race class, I appreciate the engineering and skill require to reach this level in any class of drag racing as I'm sure you do, the fact I posted in the same thread was for others to share the appreciation not compare.

You really are demonstrating my "What's your point" statement...
Without trying to make a comparison, you're going way "off topic" by inserting "appreciation" of another vehicle if there is no nexus ..

Same as posting pix of gorgeous young girls in the pit area...one can appreciate them but naught to do with Campbell's accomplishemnt of going very fast...:thumb:

Yeah, never mind the Cars, lets have some Pit Pussey Pix! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom