Weistec Superchargers M156

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MC63CLK

Car
CLK 63
Hi reading the various posts and internet research on these chargers which all appear very positive has anyone experienced any mechanical issues after the installation,ie gearbox or driveshaft issues?
Should I be looking at fitting a certain tyre or would my usual zeros or potenzas be fine?Taking into account a drivers style of course!! ;).
Also what about servicing , is there a set timescale / mileage when it needs to be serviced or do you just keep to the service indicator on the car?

Cheers Mike

Mike mine was the first in the UK to have the Supercharger fitted and i have done 11,000 miles since fitting it.
Initially i went stage 1 (which does not require any exhaust work) and gave 630BHP then after 6 months roughly i went for the stage 2.
The car has not missed a beat.
I did do a couple of mods just as a reassurance albeit only in the last couple of months which were to change the standard head bolts to ARP studs, and a modification on the gearbox valve body and TCU.

Its a awesome mod that transforms the car and if you are considering it then just do it!!!!

Hi Lee thanks for the reply I've had the Stage 1 fitted and yes I love it. Has the TCU made any difference ?
Mike

As long as you head bolts and Valve buckets are ok you should not have any problems.

The TCU mod is great i had mine done and it does make a good difference.

Glad the Stage 1 Is running great hope your happy with all the extra power.

What did it make on the Dyno and did you use a Weistec Map ?

Acid

Hi Lee thanks for the reply I've had the Stage 1 fitted and yes I love it. Has the TCU made any difference ?
Mike

TCU and Valvebody make a noticeable difference, feels like the car "digs in" more on gear changes and is a lot quicker especially in "M"

Like Acid says....make sure your head bolts are ok as that would be my only concern and for the cost of changing them its a "no brainier" to give you peace of mind.

Thanks guys I will look into these additions.
On the dyno 644 bhp but couldn't achieve an accurate torque figure due to poor traction,
I'll post the graph later .
Variation the Weistec map.
Cheers Mike

On the dyno 644 bhp but couldn't achieve an accurate torque figure due to poor traction,
Cheers Mike

Power sounds right I bet it pulls like a train!!

Enjoy

Cheers Mike

Loved mine when it was stage 1 as you could hear a lovely Supercharger whine...when you go stage 2 you just hear more of the roar from the engine and it pulls much harder......I didn't expect much difference from stage 1 to 2 .....However its a big difference.

Acid (MSL) built mine and will be able to advise on any further mods you are interested in

Lee have you experienced any issues with the airmass meters when your weistec was installed ?
I keep getting the engine management light on and the fault is them.Weve replaced for new but still an ongoing issue.
I don't think it effects the performance but hate the damn lights on the dash flashing up especially the orange one ! Cheers Mike

maf sensors shouldnt be an issue..have you fitted airfilter with too much oil on them as this can upset the sensors...the supercharger is all post the maf sensors

Hi yes we've replaced the filters and still the issue.Im sure DMS will sort it .
Yes stage 2 and a few other additions will be this autumn :) just enjoying the car this summer I'm in the south west of France and the roads here are made for AMGs loving it.

Hi yes we've replaced the filters and still the issue.Im sure DMS will sort it .
Yes stage 2 and a few other additions will be this autumn :) just enjoying the car this summer I'm in the south west of France and the roads here are made for AMGs loving it.

I bet we all had a lovely event at TV2 with most of the Weistec crew. Stage 2 will be wicked Lee is around 732bhp with his set-up.

I'm in the same boat, want more power but got to consult the piggy bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom