Weistec turbo upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fil28

Car
c63s
Hi, has anyone gone for it yet? I have had the weistec down pipes and a remap at MSL, then wanted a bit more noise so had the rear resonator replaced with an x pipe. Sounds awesome now! I am considering the turbo upgrade and just wondered if anyone had done it?

Attachments

• image-2046177514.jpg
    image-2046177514.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 94
To the best of my knowledge no, although acid will have a definitive answer.

Nobody has done it yet in the UK, has been done in the US a couple of times. I'd definitely be doing that upgrade if I had an E63 or W205 C63 for sure.

Apparently there is a tuning firm who have done this, though the car instantly disappeared from the country so nothing to substantiate their claims.

I'm not mentioning them by name, as I don't think they're relevant in MB tuning, and it seems that none of the respected tuners have done one yet. There's also the new issue of which turbos to go for. W3, which is basically your old unit with a new impeller, or W4 which is a completely re-designed turbo.

I must admit that I've thought about it, but the gearbox will probably be my next mod if I keep the car, as I think it's the weakest link at the moment. Apart from the tyres lighting up every time you do anything more than feather the throttle. :D

Daventy, I agree with your comments. I am considering the w3 option as its a direct swap and a remap. Acid has quoted me a fairly reasonable price but I am 50/50 because the car as it is now is awesome and my daily driver. I will give it more thought.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Apparently there is a tuning firm who have done this, though the car instantly disappeared from the country so nothing to substantiate their claims.

I'm not mentioning them by name, as I don't think they're relevant in MB tuning, and it seems that none of the respected tuners have done one yet. There's also the new issue of which turbos to go for. W3, which is basically your old unit with a new impeller, or W4 which is a completely re-designed turbo.

I must admit that I've thought about it, but the gearbox will probably be my next mod if I keep the car, as I think it's the weakest link at the moment. Apart from the tyres lighting up every time you do anything more than feather the throttle. :D

Building a car in the UK then shipping back to Kenya, sounds like a dodgy eBay transaction more than a UK tuning win :cool:

Daventy, I agree with your comments. I am considering the w3 option as its a direct swap and a remap. Acid has quoted me a fairly reasonable price but I am 50/50 because the car as it is now is awesome and my daily driver. I will give it more thought.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I had the same dilemma when considering the Weistec upgrades, but to be honest the car hasn't missed a beat and it's been one of the best things I've done. Just make sure you get it out to a load of events!

May Have a Car ready soon for this Upgrade!!!!

Anyone gone for it yet Acid?

Not quite, but I've decided that when the gearbox goes across to the US to be rebuilt, the turbos will be going with it to keep it company. ;)

Be a few weeks yet but will be happening. :thumb:

Not quite, but I've decided that when the gearbox goes across to the US to be rebuilt, the turbos will be going with it to keep it company. ;)

Be a few weeks yet but will be happening. :thumb:

Now we're talking Dave:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom