Welcome back Billy Monger..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Come on - He's a resilient teenager from a privileged background. He has also had help from other privileged people.
Many young people go through tragedies with far less support.

Come on - He's a resilient teenager from a privileged background. He has also had help from other privileged people.
Many young people go through tragedies with far less support.
Sorry, your point being?

He was taking part in a dangerous sport. - One that he obviously enjoyed.
Two cars in front of him moved to the inside to avoid the car that he hit.
An accident with a tragic outcome occurred.
One or two people provided money and an opportunity for him to get back into a racing car.

Nothing to do with 'balls of steel'. - He has been lucky enough to have the contacts and the funds to go back to doing something that he enjoys.

He was taking part in a dangerous sport. - One that he obviously enjoyed.
Two cars in front of him moved to the inside to avoid the car that he hit.
An accident with a tragic outcome occurred.
One or two people provided money and an opportunity for him to get back into a racing car.

Nothing to do with 'balls of steel'. - He has been lucky enough to have the contacts and the funds to go back to doing something that he enjoys.
He is a remarkable young man that demonstrates a positivity that is so rare these days. Funding/backing is always important and of course helps, but his attitude and work ethic are immense and something to be admired.

He still takes part in a dangerous sport and clearly does enjoy it. Better that than sit in a wheelchair with his hand out moaning about losing his legs.

Sorry, your point being?

His point being he has a chip on his shoulder about "privilege" or so it seems.

Regardless of the personal / financial circumstances before or after the accident, to find yourself with such life changing injuries at any age let alone 19 takes a great deal of positive attitude and that cannot be bought.

His point being he has a chip on his shoulder about "privilege" or so it seems.

I'm sorry if that is how my post was viewed. - My point of view seems to be in the minority.
The 'privileged' comment was secondary to the fact that he was returning to an activity which he enjoyed.
Balls of steel are usually required when doing something for extrinsic, rather than intrinsic, satisfaction.

Timothy Knatchbull, though he is a privileged person whom I have never met, has my most sincere respect.

Rayny,
Maybe the balls of steel comment is referring to a teenager that lost his legs in a racing car. That teenager is now resuming his career.... driving a racing car. From my point of view, that takes balls of steel.

Rayny,
Maybe the balls of steel comment is referring to a teenager that lost his legs in a racing car. That teenager is now resuming his career.... driving a racing car. From my point of view, that takes balls of steel.
Not quite for the young lady doing well in F3 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom