Well hope she's not written off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Well my beautiful and battered C280 go's in today for my first claim in 36 years. Hope She's not a write off. £600.00 worth of damage to a car that's not worth more than £1000.00 Any thoughts peep's

My money would be on a write off. Under a £1k valuation the insurance will worry about any need for returns to have further work done. Also your claim is already over the 50% of the value of the car.

If you love it. You could try and buy it back. Good luck.

The insurance company will make it a total loss. It may be a category C which means its written off but can be repaired. Ask the insurance company you want the salvage back Then its a case if a Vic check with vosa and its back on the road...!

Didn't we already have this thread?

The insurance company will make it a total loss. It may be a category C which means its written off but can be repaired. Ask the insurance company you want the salvage back Then its a case if a Vic check with vosa and its back on the road...!

It will not be a Cat C, the damage is suppsedly light and to a passenger door mainly, this will be a Cat D and no checks are required to have the vehicle back on the road.

There have been other threads about this so not sure why we have another, surely easier to tag onto the last one if required? This would make it easier for anyone who wishes to follow the orignal thread.

Not sure what "goes in today for my first claim in 36 years" means. Is it being inspected toaday by the insurance company or being repaired?

As it's only £600, why not pay it yourself and avoid claiming? If you claim, will you affect your no claims discount?

As it's only £600, why not pay it yourself and avoid claiming? If you claim, will you affect your no claims discount?

Good point but in his other thread(s) about this the OP said that he could not afford to go via this route although he did say his excess was £200 which should source a second hand door and get a decent re-spray of it with a bit of haggling?

Look's like i have a write off. Let's see how much i can buy her back for. Cheers tony.

Look's like i have a write off. Let's see how much i can buy her back for. Cheers tony.

Tony

Not surprised to hear your news but if it is just cosmetic then keep the car and repair it at your leisure, park the damaged side away from your window and forget it for now.:thumb:

Take it back, cancel the claim and save your no claims bonus.

Take it back, cancel the claim and save your no claims bonus.

Sound advice. That is what I did when my C55 got hit by an uninsured driver. That avoided losing my NCD and excess plus being hit with a premium increase of 80% per month.

My car was not a write off, but was damaged. I have had it repaired at my cost which was roughly a third lower than than the insurers wanted to repair it.

Wise man. Good Luck Tong in the continued faff.

If you do claim you could buy it back for next to nothing and fix it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom