Well I never expected that.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
So personal plate change done and dusted, took a week via DVLA - not bad considering it was all snail mail after downloading docs of the interweb.

What didn't I expect? The holes drilled in the plates off my 124 matched exactly the holes required for the C270 Estate. Nice one Mercedes.

So thats 1995 to 2003 and no change in dimensions for the number plate fixings - if it aint broke dont fix it.

Love it.

So personal plate change done and dusted, took a week via DVLA - not bad considering it was all snail mail after downloading docs of the interweb.

You stuffy mare!

After weeks, I'm still on the DVLA merry-go-round and the won't let me off.
Latest developments (they've got serious recent previous) is to issue one of my cars a V5 with its original reg and the MOT certificate for the same car with a reg that is different - the reg that is leaving my RR to go on retention to its previous owner. Oh, and just to thicken the plot, the reg I assigned back to the previous owner has been declared as owned and retained by me.

You couldn't make it up. I think I'd rather have gone to America and picked up VD in LA (the holes over there are in the same places) than get involved with this shower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom