Well, it could've been Mr Potato Head

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
'Human foot' in Gateshead field turns out to be potato

Yes I saw that in the news this morning you can just imagine the police roaring into that field and finding a spud :D

True story:

Back in the early 1980’s a good friend of mine (I’ll call him “Jim” for convenience) was a PC at a busy south London nick.

About 2pm they get a report that a bloke out walking his dog has seen something rather unpleasant on the tow path, so Jim is despatched to take a look-see. He sees what were the bloody remains of something that obviously used to be living, probably 1 - 1½lbs in weight. So he radios in and the Divisional Surgeon is called to take a look.

Divisional Surgeon was extracted from his favourite lunchtime pub, arrives (as Jim put it, “fully refreshed”) and after a quick prod and a poke declares it to be an eight- to ten-week old human foetus.

Whoa!

The balloon – understandably – goes up. Looks like it’s potentially an illegal abortion, so a full murder enquiry is instigated, leave cancelled, officers called in off rest, the works. Remains are parcelled up and sent to the Lab for confirmation.

Clearly concerned for the condition of the mother involved, the officer leading is pretty anxious to get information from the Lab that could provide vital information, but nothing’s been heard. Eventually, with growing frustration at the lack of feedback he calls the Lab and demands they give it priority.

Response from the Lab?

“We thought someone was on a wind-up. The item sent to us is a skinned rabbit!”

Lots of red faces, and the enquiry team was quickly stood down.

It's Christmas hangover - miss'a'toe, anyone?

My caption would have been UB40's song:
♪"I am the one in ten"... ♩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom