Well thank god for football on morning till night 😥

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind it.... but I only ever watch international matches. Being half Italian I have double chances of winning!

With the amount of channels available, why is it necessary for any sporting event (Euros, World Cup, Wibledon, Olympics etc) to take over the main channels, remove programmes from their usual slots, over run when the news should be showing, and countless other moans?

With the amount of channels available, why is it necessary for any sporting event (Euros, World Cup, Wibledon, Olympics etc) to take over the main channels, remove programmes from their usual slots, over run when the news should be showing, and countless other moans?
Who knows but it’ll be the same throughout Europe.

Wot about us Scots, its purgatory. Only one thing worse is for England to win it:doh::mad:

Regarding "us Scots", after many years working in/out of Scotland I follow their mantra - they follow Scotland and whoever England are playing, so despite often while up there shouting for whoever a UK team were playing - notably Scotland France many years ago in Paris, remember Scott Hastings against France!! - I tend these days to supporting England and whoever Scotland are playing, especially after one of my offshore crew deliberately brought an Argentina shirt offshore to wear while England played Argentina in a World Cup match!!

Tbh, I don’t mind it, purely because when I fall asleep in front of the TV, I’m not missing a programme I’d wanted to watch…

The Sun newspaper (no , I didn't buy it) Yesterday ran a full colour front page (and subsequent 3 of 4 colour pages ) celebrating England winning 1 - 0 in what was a really dull game that they were lucky to win.

Lord help us if they actually win the whole contest. The print industry will run out of red , white and blue ink !

The Sun newspaper (no , I didn't buy it) Yesterday ran a full colour front page (and subsequent 3 of 4 colour pages ) celebrating England winning 1 - 0 in what was a really dull game that they were lucky to win.

Lord help us if they actually win the whole contest. The print industry will run out of red , white and blue ink !
But if it is printed in white, we'll not be able to ready it? Just sayin'.....

I think they’re simply trying to get behind the National (for some) side to which there’s nothing wrong with.

Some of the European and South American newspapers go really crazy when their team wins and it’s great to be caught up in it.

Has anyone here been in a country when their national side wins a big game or a big competition?? The atmosphere is electric and is something I’d say that people should experience.
I was in Greece when they won the 2004 Euros and it was out of this world.

I’ve never seen such happy people.

Anyone notice the almost total lack of national flags being displayed in Germany ?

It would appear (if politico newsfeeds are to be believed) that the Germans are becoming embarrassed by their national flag due to the countries swing to the right at the polls.

What really annoys me is when a game goes to extra time, which means that the programmes are running late, we still have to have half an hour of so-called experts telling people what they have just seen before we can watch the news. If the game overruns, cut the commentators, rather than just shoving everything back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom