welsh roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gt-83

Car
1992 300ce
just returned from a glorious week in wales (my new avatar is my car on a drive on beach!)......ive been whining about my soft suspension of late, but on the long sweeping roads of wales it performed lovely....1200 miles in a week and every one a pleasure..........any welsh members here, you have fantastic "drivers" roads,,,,,cant wait to return!

no, thats the thing dm........60 mph is perfect for cruising.....honestly i never broke the speed limit.......well maybe just over!!!

I know what you mean gt-83, I love driving around Wales.

This week took me to Anglesey again, this time I fell in love with it. I think my ideal job would be a postman on the island. Beautiful place.

They have some fantastic roads around there, including my favourite stretch in the UK, the A4069!

But I also got my one and only ever motoring offence in the wales, doing 82 in a 70 a couple years back:(.

My only three points was in North Wales the land of the speed camera! The M4 in South Wales is nearly as bad.

I live in South Wales,and although there are some nice roads to drive down (Scenery and twisty bits), when you live here, you quickly realise that Welsh roads have to be some of the most badly repaired roads in the UK.

I do a few miles around the UK for business purposes and have never seen such badly repaired roads as here. So whilst you found the odd road good to drive on, the reality is that most are bad!

honestly i never broke the speed limit.......well maybe just over!!!
Well, that's it then. You're knicked :D

What was it Richard Bumstorm said? "Slipping slightly over the [speed] limit is no different to slipping a knife into somebody". Moron :rolleyes:

I know what you mean gt-83, I love driving around Wales.

This week took me to Anglesey again, this time I fell in love with it. I think my ideal job would be a postman on the island. Beautiful place.

We were in Anglesey last weekend. Beaumaris was great and we went to the bit of land overlooking Puffin Island. It was marvellous.

Our son lives in Llanigon near Hay on Wye and the journey from Newport across the Black Mountains/Brecon Beacons is a joy particularly where they have renewed the road surfaces recently.

My only three points was in North Wales the land of the speed camera! The M4 in South Wales is nearly as bad.

I live in South Wales,and although there are some nice roads to drive down (Scenery and twisty bits), when you live here, you quickly realise that Welsh roads have to be some of the most badly repaired roads in the UK.

I do a few miles around the UK for business purposes and have never seen such badly repaired roads as here. So whilst you found the odd road good to drive on, the reality is that most are bad!

Amazing, I find the exact opposite. I am constantly amazed at how few cameras there are in Wales when one considers the reputation for speed enforcement that the country has. I never see fixed sites :)eek: ), only mobile ones that are very sensibly positioned in 30s and 40s.

And the roads are in much better state than in most of the rest of the country. All that EU funding:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Amazing, I find the exact opposite. I am constantly amazed at how few cameras there are in Wales when one considers the reputation for speed enforcement that the country has. I never see fixed sites :)eek: ), only mobile ones that are very sensibly positioned in 30s and 40s.

Careful, now. You'll be getting castigated by the resident whinge-alot hate crew..
....or have they started maturing a bit now..?

i've driven all over south wales due to nature of work and can't help but to recommend the a4069 from llanggadog to brynamman. if only have the clk63 clarkson drove over here......

well i was in north wales and honestly the roads were perfect...not even one pothole....no camaras.....no sneaky "safety" vans....a lovely driving experience.....if i could move to wales ie find employment i would be gone tommorow!

Yes we do have some really great driving roads in wales, Just remember to be careful, In some of the smaller roads they can narrow into lanes in an instant and you often find farm plant and tractors moving slowly.

I had a guy smash into my tractor a few years back, He hit me at under the 70mph speed limit it was not pretty , So have fun but be careful of big slow movers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom