Wendy Richard RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
Can't say I ever watched Eastenders much but Are You being Served? was a favourite.

Another loss :(

Story here

She got a flat fee of £50 for saying that.
I remember her saying that she was given the option of getting 3d per play radio royalties - or - £50 cash.
Thinking that the record would not be a hit she took the £50.
She said if she had taken the royalties she would have got thousands over the years.
Quite a looker in her younger years................
Still, it all doesnt matter now. Very sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_Richard

Last edited:
Life is like a toilet roll... the nearer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

I think Esther Rantzen's tribute sums it up perfectly...

"She was courageous, honest, a brilliant talent and she will be greatly missed. She was a woman of huge integrity, she was a terrific, terrific lady. She will be missed by a huge number of fans because she has given us so much pleasure over many years."

There's nothing I can add to that.

(As my old English Literature teacher would have said.... "Jade Goody, Wendy Richard. Compare and Contrast.")

"She will be missed by a huge number of fans because she has given us so much pleasure over many years."

I don't want to be irreverent, or to dampen anybody's gushing; but seeing as she retired a little while ago, weren't we already missing her?

I don't want to be irreverent, or to dampen anybody's gushing; but seeing as she retired a little while ago, weren't we already missing her?

Yes, but in the acting fraternity, retirement is only usually temporary as Clint Eastwood shows:D , unfortunately, Wendy has definitely retired RIP

All will be revealled if you listen to this.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMIAiseHP4

The girl that speaks the replies is Wendy.............

And please bear in mind this song knocked Elvis Presley off the number one spot in the charts.........

I remember that very clearly. I fancied her just on the strength of her voice in that song, long before I saw her in Are You Being Served?.

:(

"Backstreet" accents and shop girls were all the rage in those days....

Do you wear a three pronged crown BTW?

:) I used to try my Westcliff-honed estuary accent on the Thorpe Bay lasses and never got any luck...

Nice to see that a few people get the FMac connection.

I watched the BBC tribute thing last night - said she deliberately avoided accent training. Good for her! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom