Went Santa Pod. Pistonheads Sunday Service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
25s0dg1.jpg

My Beast today. :thumb:

Hmm thought they would be quicker than that..

My baby AMG SLK55 managed 12.7@112mph.

Funny thing is that on several fora people are saying the same about varous cars.

I don't know if it was the surface, the weather or the drivers but consistently certain cars were not perhaps as quick as people might have thought they would be: for example 458 Italia at 12.8, 911 Turbo S (quickest car of the day I believe) at 11.3

In terms of relativity though light 4 wheel drive cars did very well off the line and in 1/4 times and big bhp cars topped the terminal speeds. Porsche 911 Turbos did both.

Funny thing is that on several fora people are saying the same about varous cars.

I don't know if it was the surface, the weather or the drivers but consistently certain cars were not perhaps as quick as people might have thought they would be: for example 458 Italia at 12.8, 911 Turbo S (quickest car of the day I believe) at 11.3

In terms of relativity though light 4 wheel drive cars did very well off the line and in 1/4 times and big bhp cars topped the terminal speeds. Porsche 911 Turbos did both.

All down to traction.

My A45 ran regular 11.9s at 115+mph. It even did an 11.8 at 116mph. Off the line it was doing 1.8s 60fts, and that's where you make your time up. My C63 is trapping at 120-122mph but the best 1/4 i've done is 12.4s. It's all down to traction!

When i get to Shakey later this spring I'll run the Yokohamas that were on the A45. I'm confident I can get the C63 into the 11s on those.

Is Shakespeare County still running, I thought it had closed down?

There was certainly no grip-juice used at the Pod today, it was wet to start with and cold, though the crew did a good job of drying it I don't think much track prep happened.

Yeah, Shakey is open for another year.

The grip juice is a double edged weapon. Great for launches but it saps your trap speed. I ran at a few rwyb events last year and the traps varied 3 or 4 mph between a prepped and unprepped event. Shakey is the fastest of the two strips thanks to surface differences

Shakespeare always at least 0.5 sec faster for me, downhill slightly whereas Pod is slightly uphill. Stopped going Shakespeare as it was too far and too pikey for my liking.

A little grip juice up to the 60ft is nice, but when they prep the start line to the point where you can't even walk across it is probably too much lol.

Where a bouts is Shakespeare?

Might give it a go in the 911 GTS next.

Off topic but is the GTS a 991 ?

You like it ?

Shakey is still slightly uphill. 2ft or so I think. Pod is more so but the reality is the gradient is so slight it makes no odds.

VBox vs timing slip for my A45 last year.

Looks spot on? It's been 15 years since I was last there so they probably moved the timing lights to a properly measured 1/4 rather than using the trip meter on their knackered old mini to measure it out.

rsk21 said:
Off topic but is the GTS a 991 ? You like it ?
Yes, it's a Porsche 991 GTS and I absolutely love it mate, use it on a daily basis, perfect car, imo

32.1mpg from 430HP Porsche! :O

The last of the great NA flat 6s :/

Found this on someone's YouTube channel. I think this was my very first run, can hear the car better and the crack on gear change.

The TT looks close at the start but was quite a way behind at the end, over a second and 20moph behind.

http://youtu.be/3z09KLS9XE4

V8 Animal said:
I have but against Mondeo man :D

Post it, would like to see an SL63

Or did you loose? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom