Went to test drive the A45 AMG yesterday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJM

Car
2015 E63 AMG SALOON :)
...but it had a puncture!
Apparently they can't source one from the UK so they have to get one shipped in from Germany. Not sure why the tyres are so special??? Hopefully they will have a replacement for next weekend.

Having said that I did get to look at it and start it up. The sound was pretty impressive actually - a lot better than I thought from reading the many reviews online.
It was white with a pano roof and red callipers. Annoyingly they couldn't tell me what the exact spec was so I'm not sure if it had the upgraded exhaust sound. I asked if the red callipers were an extra but they didn't know!
I can only imagine that the car had a few toys added and I'm sure the pano roof would be around £1200 plus.
I think the drive will have to be pretty special in order to warrant the high price tag though :eek:

I'm really excited to take it out so will report back soon.
If anyone else has taken one out then please tell...
Cheers, DJM

Strange, to the best of my knowledge they aren't special tyres, just bog standard ones, Michelin pilot 3's, which are easily obtainable.

Strange though, the one I went to test drive had a knackered turbo........

Where was this?

Davidkn said:
Strange, to the best of my knowledge they aren't special tyres, just bog standard ones, Michelin pilot 3's, which are easily obtainable.

Strange though, the one I went to test drive had a knackered turbo........

Where was this?

Yeah I thought it was weird too??? Hopefully next weekend...

Red calipers on an E63 in 2010 were £480.00 :eek:.

And they are just red painted calipers.

Where was this?

take a left heading towards town, at the junction of the A45, keep an eye out for an AMG sign, then you have arrived.

developer215 said:
Red calipers on an E63 in 2010 were £480.00 :eek:.

And they are just red painted calipers.

Looks like they cost £300 for the A Class. Not bad really.
I think £2000 for COMAND is a bit steep though. For anyone that uses COMAND, is it really worth it???
Cheers

Saw one of these on the track at Brooklands last weekend.

Went well , and sounded good :thumb:

They do look very nice. Chris Harris tested one against an m135 on drive recently.

Looks like they cost £300 for the A Class. Not bad really.
I think £2000 for COMAND is a bit steep though. For anyone that uses COMAND, is it really worth it???
Cheers

Definitely.
And in the same cost bracket as the BMW offering et al.

I was more amazed at the volume and quality of it for something in an old mans car, more than the navigation and comms portion.
By far the best oem media package I have found.

Last edited:
0-60 4.2 secs
0-100 10 secs

Insane performance for a hatchback...

I am soooooooo tempted! Just depends on the test drive i guess and whether I can get a bit of a deal. Just don't know if it might be a bit too small for me...

Yep it's sensational, I had a great 30min drive in it and loved it. Some cheap plastics in the cabin though.

Sports exhaust can be identified by the splitter in the middle of each exhaust and it sounds fantastic - very touring car.

m1br said:
Definitely.
And in the same cost bracket as the BMW offering et al.

I was more amazed at the volume and quality of it for something in an old mans car, more than the navigation and comms portion.
By far the best oem media package I have found.

Does anyone know how much brakes and discs would be compared to a C63? Would they be just as pricey being an AMG???

I was amazed at the A45 AMG when I saw the following...

Mercedes A45 AMG vs CLS63 AMG Drag Race - Auto Express - YouTube

2.0L - 4 cylinder turbo - 360BHP... Mental! :crazy:

S.

Mitsubishi have been doing this power output for years on their EVO models.

Does anyone know how much brakes and discs would be compared to a C63? Would they be just as pricey being an AMG???

AMG = Think of a price and and a 0 on the end. - Yes they will be pricey.

Mitsubishi have been doing this power output for years on their EVO models.

Indeed they have except for the service schedule was a little more frequent on the high power output Evo's, every 4k miles or so? IIRC its annual/12k miles on the A45.

Interestingly Renntech have RR'd an A45 which they're going to be tuning up and it was c.390bhp so an understated unit but i'm not sure there's much extra power to extract out of it

I test drove the Grey one at Brooklands Mercedes. It so happened that we ended up following a C63 onto the A3, blew past him from the slip road.

He clearly wasn't expecting it and came storming back, hovered for a while I guess to confirm it was an AMG, gave us the thumbs up and took off.

Damping felt fine, it was on 18's. Has the pano roof which brightens up a very claustrophobic cabin due to the thick A & C pillars.

Only technical bit of information I was interested in which I found in the handbook was the tank size (56 litres), too small for such a high powered car in my opinion.

I test drove the Grey one at Brooklands Mercedes. It so happened that we ended up following a C63 onto the A3, blew past him from the slip road.

He clearly wasn't expecting it and came storming back, hovered for a while I guess to confirm it was an AMG, gave us the thumbs up and took off.

Damping felt fine, it was on 18's. Has the pano roof which brightens up a very claustrophobic cabin due to the thick A & C pillars.

Only technical bit of information I was interested in which I found in the handbook was the tank size (56 litres), too small for such a high powered car in my opinion.

Love that the C63 was shocked :)
The small tank shouldn't really matter as MPG should (?) be a lot higher...

Funnily enough, I was behind a white de-badged A45 AMG today, it looked very nice in a wolf-in-sheeps-clothing sort of way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom