Went to the Nurburgring last month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigChap

Car
White C63 PP+
Not in the C63, we went in £500 bangers Top Gear style, what a laugh!!!

and the rest of the Motley Crue...

Just some of the pictures...

Couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this parked up, then i saw it being absolutely abused around the track!!!

Not all fun and games though!!!

Last edited:
Was the CLK DTM real?

Also the W202 DTM is amazing.

Looks like a great trip, thanks for the pics.

We go past the ring twice a year ... but in the Vito, so I've not been tempted to sneak in for a lap :D

Mind you Sabine would have gone a damn sight quicker in a V6 Vito than the Transit that Top Gear gave her.

Lol side exit exhaust on the jag! Who done the mods? Lowering etc?

At 1st I wasnt sure that was a genuine DTM CLK due to the aftermarket bonnet, the real one looks like this:

Mercedes-Benz-CLK_DTM_AMG_2004_photo_02.jpg

But the interior looks genuine enough :)

Great pics BTW!

I was a bit unsure about the DTM too, with the bonnet and front wings looking aftermarket.

But the interior (seats, funny little gearknob, steering wheel and carbon) look legit.

S

Looks like a great trip, thanks for the pics.

We go past the ring twice a year ... but in the Vito, so I've not been tempted to sneak in for a lap :D

Mind you Sabine would have gone a damn sight quicker in a V6 Vito than the Transit that Top Gear gave her.

mate you'd be surprised what goes round that track! that's why I'd never take something expensive, the gulf in speed can be huge! we were surprisingly not much of a rolling road block, old jag went well!

we also hit amsterdam on the saturday night on our way back, two birds, one stone! haha

Done it twice so far, what a hoot.
First time was a public day the second was a track day, much better, but it finished up a public day after 4pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSKVmp8ndw

yeah we arrived for the friday night open track which was quiet and great however (there were three of us) first thing on the saturday morning the track was damp and deadly! even driving gingerly i had the back end out twice, the second time was massive and was enough to make us just taxi it back round the 2nd half of the lap as we needed to get home in it!

also the track was closed several times on the saturday due to bikers coming off, must have lost a good 4hrs! there were people offering their tickets half price etc as they didn't have time to wait around.

Awesome pics. I'm there next week :)

enjoy!

Amazing cars. Love the E30 M3 and the DTM CLK

yeah that m3 was special, don't know if it was a dtm edition evo 3 etc as it had extras including what appeared to be single nut wheels

Lol side exit exhaust on the jag! Who done the mods? Lowering etc?

yeah it was the tailpipe from a vxr astra he had lying about, he cut the springs too, didn't effect the handle too much though, took the corners well at speed in the dry!

At 1st I wasnt sure that was a genuine DTM CLK due to the aftermarket bonnet, the real one looks like this:

Mercedes-Benz-CLK_DTM_AMG_2004_photo_02.jpg

But the interior looks genuine enough :)

Great pics BTW!

yeah the wings look like modified originals and i guess the bonnet is added as it look very familiar with the track, loads of track day type gear in the boot. certainly an expensive track toy!

I was a bit unsure about the DTM too, with the bonnet and front wings looking aftermarket.

But the interior (seats, funny little gearknob, steering wheel and carbon) look legit.

S

yeah it seems to have everything plus those mod'd wings and bonnet.

no one else appreciated its rarity as it does look rather chav'd up with the strange shaped wings, give me a regular black series any day!

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like you had a great time over there!

Got to go and experience it myself at some point.

Hi is anyone planning a trip to the ring this early summer ? I'd love to take my car round for the experience and go along with someone who has previous experience of the track.
Maybe I could tag onto to trip or just some general feedback would be appreciated thanks .

Mike

I've got 3 trips planned a private test day in May a track day in July and our usual jolly boys outing probably in September you welcome to tag along on that if you have not made a trip before then

I've only been twice, when I was driving Civic Type R's.

The first time was in 2005, before it was so popular with people from the UK.

We went mid-week with the track opening 4:30pm each day, and the car park would be empty most of the time, so you would almost have the track to yourself. The weekends were better if you wanted to be car watching rather than driving.

Except when I caught up to a 52seater coach going round, not something I was expecting to see.

Excellent. Done 17 trips there and hoping to go in June/July this year. My last visit was 2011 and after that I got married and had a family and instead of going to the Ring I started racing and now in my fourth season.

Can't wait to get back there this year. SL not as quick as the M5 was round there but will still be a great trip and some laps driving friends cars too.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom