Were can I buy body panels slk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lew600fazer

Car
SLK230
Hi, New to the forum, Can anyone advise me were I can get two new wings for my 1998 SLK.
I have had the car for nearly two years and it looked sound when I bought it. A few stone chips on the bonnet as one would expect. I got some bad advice or best to say I was taken for a ride when I inquired about a respray. I asked if the car was sound underneath and was told yes. 12 months down the line there are blisters appearing in both front wings down by the bumper, I believe this is the usual place the slk starts to eat itself.
Anyway I love the car and have done a few jobs on her to get her back to her former glory, rear shocks replaced last month.
So where is the best place to get new wings? I have a spray shop lined up for the job and he reckons he could cut out the bad and repair, I think I want to go down the replace route if it were econonmical to do so.
Ideas please.
Lew

Hi, New to the forum, Can anyone advise me were I can get two new wings for my 1998 SLK.
I have had the car for nearly two years and it looked sound when I bought it. A few stone chips on the bonnet as one would expect. I got some bad advice or best to say I was taken for a ride when I inquired about a respray. I asked if the car was sound underneath and was told yes. 12 months down the line there are blisters appearing in both front wings down by the bumper, I believe this is the usual place the slk starts to eat itself.
Anyway I love the car and have done a few jobs on her to get her back to her former glory, rear shocks replaced last month.
So where is the best place to get new wings? I have a spray shop lined up for the job and he reckons he could cut out the bad and repair, I think I want to go down the replace route if it were econonmical to do so.
Ideas please.
Lew

I've got new ones and rust free used ones, you can PM me if you still need some wings.

Cutting out the old rust is pointless, go for new wings if possible, preferably genuine MB ones.

If it is 'just' blistering you could grind it back and repaint it after treating with something like jenolite or POR-15. But if it has started to rust badly then you're better off with new wings as when you grind you wont have much of the good metal left.

I've got new ones and rust free used ones, you can PM me if you still need some wings.
Hi Nick
I'm a new member, joined today.
Retired and bought a 2001 slk 320 (late life crisis).
The front wings are showing rust which I gather is quite common.
If you still have wings available could you please contact me.
Through the club or 0131 555 3411.
Thank you
Alan Shanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom