We're not afraid but the US is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I've just heard that while we 've launched the "We're not afraid campaign " to show that we must continue our lives and not let the terrorists win, the US have banned all US military personel from coming to London because "it's too dangerous" . No US personal are allowed within the M25.

Thanks for that nice bit of support buddies :eek:

Last edited:
I expect that now this is making Worldwide headlines, some spin doctor will claim it was a directive issued straight after the bombs and someone has failed to recind the order!!!

Just look at the difference between our two leaders. Bush run away (they say it was on the orders of the Secret Service :confused: :rolleyes: ) Our Prime Minister went straight back to the capital.

John

Perhaps the thinking is that they might attract further attention to the scum
carrying out these attrocities and thus put members of the public in more danger. :confused:

glojo said:
Just look at the difference between our two leaders. Bush run away (they say it was on the orders of the Secret Service :confused: :rolleyes: ) Our Prime Minister went straight back to the capital.

John

Good point John. Regardless of if you do or dont support His Tonyness I think he and the other leaders have acted with maturity, calm and dignity. A well done for British Politicians!

R2D2 said:
Good point John. Regardless of if you do or dont support His Tonyness I think he and the other leaders have acted with maturity, calm and dignity. A well done for British Politicians!

:D :D I think we can all recollect famous quotes, or acts of courage by our heads of government, royalty etc.

John Major even had a classic:

When the improvised mortar bomb exploded in the back garden of number 10 Downing Street, the Prime Minister was chairing a Cabinet Meeting. Straight after the explosion and whilst bells were ringing and security personnel were running about like headless chickens, John Major simply said, "Well gentlemen, it looks like we might have to move to another room!!!!!"

Imagine if a mortar bomb exploded in the grounds of the White House whilst the President was in residence??

John

Their decision is going to do nothing for the Tourism industry - what sort of message does it give to someone coming to London either on business or holiday.

Or is it another example of Health and safety gone mad - being seen to do the right thing by the employer (being the US army). Downtown Bagdahd seems to be OK then????? :mad:

R2D2 said:
Thanks for that nice bit of support buddies :eek:

In my book they NEVER have been OUR buddies...

Bush is the BIG BULL Dog who pulls all the strings and Blair is the LITTLE POODLE - we got our troops kiled in Iraq cause of them and all the bull BUSH came out with on 9/11 "Shoulder to Shoulder... we shall stand againt terrorism...".

Fact that they banned their troops from going into London says it all...

Flash said:
Fact that they banned their troops from going into London says it all...
Damn straight! ;) Hopefully, Pres. Bush will be kicking some ass and giving a couple of thousand day passes to London to his troops.

Lieutenant Gloria Smith said:
"Our presence in Great Britain is our voice of saying we stand with the British people we have a long historic relationship and we will stay here to stand by the British people."
Riiiiight. So, we're not just a strategic outpost for the US then? 12,000 US personnel here just for our benefit?

I love the US; if I could I'd emigrate to Cape Cod. But, they sure are strange at times :D

This order has now been recinded, but clearly it certainly would still be current but for the media out cry. Feathers (white) comes to mind.

John

Really have they changed their minds after one days press hassle. Maybe they read MB club!!

Flash said:
In my book they NEVER have been OUR buddies...

Bush is the BIG BULL Dog who pulls all the strings and Blair is the LITTLE POODLE

think you got that the wrong way round flash,BUSH is the yappy little terrier mouthing off to the world,BLAIR is the bulldog having to bail the mouthy americans out all the time !!!............ :crazy:

R2D2 said:
Really have they changed their minds after one days press hassle. Maybe they read MB club!!

I think it brilliant how the Charge D'Affaire in London stated that it would only be a coach load of US airmen that would ever visit London, so it was not a big issue, yet the US Air Force spokesperson stated they did not want ten thousand air force personnel getting in the way during this alert!!!!!! They clearly have BIG coaches in the US!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John

yanks

not in any way sticking up for the Americans but they have to look after the workforce highly trained men and women cost a lot to train...and there employer simply cut down on the risk of possible deaths or casualty's very responsible I would say, where as employees in London just left people to carry on as normal...no contingencies where planned for, example ration packs for employees if they had to be kept in side for any length of time, extra stored bottled water in case of disruption ...these things cost a small amount of money and carry very good shelf lives.to help sustain life in a emergency....we can no longer rely on the British stiff upper lip and get on with it attitude...as this threat will repeat its self ..and is here to stay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom