Werid 2009 vito head unit problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigbuzz

Car
Vito 2009
Hi,
I decided to upgrade my original MB radio to a pioneer. Having looked at some videos this was quite straight forward, but I had the borrow the ignition switch from the cigarette lighter, (originally it would switch one without a key in and switch off when the ignition was turned on) all appeared to work find so put it all back together.

Happy days then I pushed the lock button on the key fob, nothing happened I checked all the doors but still nothing. The one thing I noticed on the dash display is where the total mileage normally is it just had a load of dash symbols.
I've no idea what could have happened so I swapped it all back for the original and it all locked and worked fine again.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get around this problem or does anyone have a wiring Diagram to double check I cut into the right cable at the cigarette lighter.

Thanks

Would seem not and that you have interrupted the feed to the cluster. The cigar lighter is always live so getting the right feed should not be a problem except having to remember to turn the radio off. What was wrong with the feed to the previous radio?

Nothing was wrong with the feed from the original radio, but there was no ignition switch live, from what I have found I think the oe radio uses the canbus system to operate once the ignition is turned on.

But you can switch it on with the ignition off. Meaning that their should always be a live feed. I am guessing as I am far from expert but it seems logical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom