Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pointed Star

Car
2012 E200 Coupe
I'm new on this forum and its short notice but if anyone is interested I'm organizing an event this Saturday 21 November in Yeovil, Somerset in aid of the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance. The entertainment is Steve Parrish who was a very successful GP bike racer (team mate to Barry Sheene) and then became the world's most successful truck racer, racing some of the time for Mercedes. He is now a very prominent commentator for bike and car sport as well as the Red Bull air races. Very amusing guy with a great stage show.

Venue is the GateWay Centre in Yeovil - Addleswell Lane, BA20 1QN and the doors open at 7.15 for 8.00pm start. Licensed bar - auction of rare racing parts and Grand Raffle so all in all a good night.

Tickets £12.00 - all proceeds to Air Ambulance.

Great result - Steve Parrish superbly entertaining. His story of taking a First National single-decker full of passengers flat out around around Donington Park still has me chuckling. He had all the passengers moving from one side to the other for the corners with the bus sideways and someone filmed it - priceless.

Audience of 320 @ £12 each. Auction of race parts £1400, raffle sponsored by dealer £800, plus slice of bar and refreshments. After costs about £4900 for Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance. Twice last years result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom