West German Road Trip 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Igurisu

Car
911 Turbo
Friday evening we sail from Hull to Rotterdam for 9 days touring round Germany. Planning to stay off the autobahns most of the time and take scenic routes, have short drives so not rushing anywhere. We are staying mainly in guest houses outside the towns and cities, I love the personal service and eating and drinking local/regional specialties.

This is our route, although I haven't set the actual roads in there yet, Germany 2012 - Google Maps

Sight seeing already planned is,

Koln - Cathederal
Nurburgring - Track fun
Baden Baden - spend time in a spa bath
Stuttgart - MB & Porsche museum for me, shopping for the good lady
Nuremburg - War trials and eating sausages
Colditz - Castle
Fulda - Cathederal and other historic places/buildings
Munster - Unplanned yet really, but looks like it could be interesting
Amsterdam - Last night of the tour for a party night out

If anybody has any "don't miss" places/roads/events that are on the route then please let me know.

We will be taking the schwarzwaldhochstrasse from Baden Baden on the way to Stuttgart.

Make a small detour (either on the outbound or return trip, you pass it either way) to visit Wuppertal -with the worlds oldest in constant use hanging monorail. A wonderful opera house and zoo, to name just a couple of extras! ;)

schwebebahn-wuppertal.5851.large_slideshow.jpg

Wuppertal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
whitenemesis said:
Make a small detour (either on the outbound or return trip, you pass it either way) to visit Wuppertal -with the worlds oldest in constant use hanging monorail. A wonderful opera house and zoo, to name just a couple of extras! ;)

Wuppertal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the suggestion, I visit Wuppertal 4/5 times a year for work and seen that.

Thanks for the suggestion, I visit Wuppertal 4/5 times a year for work and seen that.

LOL... You probably know it better than I do nowadays then. Not been 'home' for far too many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom