Westwood Blackburn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jac

Car
Mercedes E500 avantgarde
Anyone had any experience good or bad, using Westwood Mercedes Benz in Blackburn, for repairs servicing etc, as i am looking for a reliable and friendly company to give my hard earned money to.

jac

Anyone had any experience good or bad, using Westwood Mercedes Benz in Blackburn, for repairs servicing etc, as i am looking for a reliable and friendly company to give my hard earned money to.

jac

Welcome to the friendliest forum!

Hmmmm. Westwood. Hmmmmm

Is your car in warranty? If not I suggest that you have a word with Ian Walker of 124Works (send a PM to Ian B Walker on this forum) He is based in Kirkham and a search on this forum should give the reassurance you need.

My experience of Westwoods was not wonderful. I did not have a single occasion where the car only made one visit - it always had to go back because they did not do something/parts not available/wrong leaves on the track. The redeeming factor for me was the Service Manager (Patrick) but don't know if he is still there.

Hope that helps. Maybe see you at the next NW GTG? 1st Wednesday in each month - look in the Events section.

Thanks Steve, Yes the car is still under warranty, well i hope so, i am just in the process of transfering the warranty over to myself. It's a pity that we can't get a satisfactory service when we are paying top dollar for the privilege of giving them our custom. It has MBFSH so i would like to keep it that way so i can extend the warranty when it expires. I will certainly keep Ian Walker of 124Works in mind though, he seems to have a good reputation which seem to be a rare thing these days. Maybe i will give Westwoods a try as they are the nearest to me and report back on the service i find there.

jac

I think you would be better off at Preston Mb (on the docks). I have gained a few customers from Blackburn :rolleyes: due to issues with a dealership there.

Oh and BTW welcome. If you ever come over my way you are always welcome to a cuppa and a chat.

Thanks Ian, I have dealt with Westwoods but that was many years ago when they were in Rishton, they were a much smaller concern then and maybe they have lost that personal touch that many companies seem to do when they grow. Thanks for the offer of a cuppa and a chat, i will take you up on it, if as you say i am over your way.

jac

1366344.jpg

"Blackburn is not phat BIG DOG!"

Last edited:
When I bought mine, and it only had 2 out of 6 glow plugs working, I took it to an indie located in Blackburn, just around the corner from the dealer, who I believe does a lot of Blackburn's servicing.

This same indie told me that under no circumstances was I ever to consider changing the ATF on the car, as it was a sealed for life box and changing the fluid would introduce all kinds of air bubbles and problems, and that it would never be right after that.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I went to Greenvale in Whitefield after that, who have been very good to me.

When I bought mine, and it only had 2 out of 6 glow plugs working, I took it to an indie located in Blackburn, just around the corner from the dealer, who I believe does a lot of Blackburn's servicing.

This same indie told me that under no circumstances was I ever to consider changing the ATF on the car, as it was a sealed for life box and changing the fluid would introduce all kinds of air bubbles and problems, and that it would never be right after that.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I went to Greenvale in Whitefield after that, who have been very good to me.

5 or so years ago he would have been correct. (not about the bubbles though)

We are lucky to have the information easily to hand nowadays.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom