Wet carpet under driver and passenger seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philtaylor65

Car
2014 A-class AMG line
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to reach out for help if possible.
Today was the first day in several months that I managed to get round to washing my 2014 A-class and I decided to clean the interior before washing it. Upon moving the driver's seat back to hoover under the seat I noticed alot of white mould had started to grow and on closer inspection the carpet under the seat is soaking, however its only wet closest to the center console.
I checked the passenger side and it's the same the carpets wet under the seat closest to the console and also starting to grow mould.
It appears this has been happening over the last three months, I am unsure if the water and location is a problem with the drain holes around the bonnet and engine bay being blocked and cashing rainwater to leak or if this is an a/c drainage leak as I recently used the a/c and wondered if it might be the hose or drainage for the a/c condensation.
Has anyone seen this before?

I'd certainly suspect blocked drain holes below the windscreen.
Start by making sure they are clear.

I'd certainly suspect blocked drain holes below the windscreen.
Start by making sure they are clear.
Thanks for the reply, yea they had become blocked with dirt and grime and it had been some time before id cleaned them out, all cleaned after the wash today, so it's possible if they have been blocked then the recent rain we've had could have leaked in especially of it's not been able to drain away...it's just odd aswell that it's localised to the center carpet of the car floor either side of the console under driver and passenger seat.
The only other thing I could think of, is it possible the AC vents under both seats could be the culprit too by some condensation leak from air con system?

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_220623.jpg
    IMG_20200718_220623.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
I've seen a posts about the air vents behind the rear bumper leaking. Common issue apparently, leading to wet carpets.

Doesn't sound like your problem if it's more to the front, but one to be aware of.

Yea I've seen those posts, thankfully i don't think its the same problem, but as you said MB have a history of issues around leaks so it's one to be wary of....I think lack of upkeep aswell on my part hasn't helped to identify this issue sooner.

I’d keep an eye on your carpets mate, the water that leeks into the car from the detiorated rear seals travels through the box sections into the cabin area.
Check the posts on aclass owners club

I’d keep an eye on your carpets mate, the water that leeks into the car from the detiorated rear seals travels through the box sections into the cabin area.
Thanks Dave, yea I've read some of the posts and the crazy thing is MB are aware of the design flaw and have been for some time but are reluctant to fix the issue. I'm hoping is something else and not linked to this but will have MB take a look and see if they can investigate it further.

As if like magic or an unpleasant coincidence this morning after washing my car yesterday I went and checked the rear foot Wells and low and behold these are now soaking wet too....MB are going to have fun with me on Tuesday when I take them the car for the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom