wet look tire dressing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscls

Car
2005 CLS 500 V8
Whats the best one, i saw a Porsche and tyres looked so wet and glossy.

I like quality but know too that these products dont last long. A decent size is preferred. Any helps is appeciated.

There seem to be an opinion that some tyre dressing products can cause dry/cracking sidewall - is there any truth in this?

The Gtech stuff keeps them looking wet for a good while. I have tried a few and this one in my opinion seems the best,

Personally, I use Auto Glym Rubber & Vinyl dressing.
Used it for years and does a great job.
The stuff in the trigger bottle.
I spray onto a cloth and wipe over the tyres.
I then wipe off any excess, leaving a black shiny look.
Whatever you use, don't over apply.
All too often, I see cars with tyre dressing splattered up the wheel arches from over-applying or using stuff that flicks off the tyres too easily.

None of them will last that long.
Just a case of dressing the tyres when they need it.

Another vote for the Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. I only started using it a couple of months ago but found that it lasts much longer than anything else I've ever tried.

(But my wife objects to me using their suggested applicator!)
4176AqtSmQL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Autosmart Tyre Dandy - comes in a handy spray can, and gives a lovely mid to wet look sheen. Simply spray on and the product will foam on impact, then simply leave, best to leave overnight to dry thoroughly, so a minus point here, but no applicator, gloves etc needed.

I use Megs Endurance too, but I make sure I wear latex gloves, as it can be messy. I refuse to connect these two factors with the applicator description posted above..................

I spray onto a cloth and wipe over the tyres.
I then wipe off any excess, leaving a black shiny look.
Whatever you use, don't over apply.
All too often, I see cars with tyre dressing splattered up the wheel arches from over-applying or using stuff that flicks off the tyres too easily.

Used the Megs tyre dressing but put it on a bit thick:fail
Black flecks all along the sides of the car, the callipers, even the inside of the wheels. Got to take them off to clean the wheels properly, so follow above advice and don't put on too much.
It does give a nice wet look though:D

markjay said:
There seem to be an opinion that some tyre dressing products can cause dry/cracking sidewall - is there any truth in this?
Some are water based and some silicone...former generally thought to be kinder to rubber the latter more durable especially in the wet but not so kind. If you do any amount of driving product won't generally stay on that long anyway, I'd only be worried if car is going to be parked up for any length of time. Megs Endurance is OK but liking Gyeon Tire at the minute you use a tiny amount and it has a great finish and smell to boot. In dry weather CarPro PERL looks good. Put some Espuma RD50 on mine at the weekend will see how that goes pic below... Most important thing is to clean the tyre thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner and a stiff brush and to be bone dry. Do that and any product will last longer than it would do otherwise.

Attachments

• image-4004296769.jpg
    image-4004296769.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 34
I have a silver car and have tried loads of so called recommended brands. I'm yet to find one that doesn't flick millions of tiny black blobs all over the body having driven over 50mph

reflexboy said:
I have a silver car and have tried loads of so called recommended brands. I'm yet to find one that doesn't flick millions of tiny black blobs all over the body having driven over 50mph

I can certainly agree with that

Handy hint, you aint gonna get more sex or even kudos by having wet look tyres so just leave it out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom