What’s Black and White, has 16 Cylinders and 1,000bhp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
The cars on my drive... :D

(OK, maybe just shy of 1,000bhp for the pedants)

Finally persuaded Angie that six cylinders just aren’t enough and today she’s done a deal on an ex-demonstrator 15-plate SLK55 :rock:

Obsidian Black with designo Porcelain upholstery, it’s nicely optioned with 10-spoke black wheels, Parktronic, Airscarf, Pano Roof, Mirror Package, Interior Lighting Package & Ambient Lighting, proper Automatic Climate Control, brushed aluminium Roll-over bars with Airguide, Rain-sensing wipers and Black Ash trim. And under 4,000 miles to boot.

A few taster piccies (apologies for the quality, it was a dull day and an iPhone :rolleyes:) from the forecourt:

The interior is a nice place to be - definitely a step or more up from the R171 it's replacing...

Angie reckons it looks like a mini Batmobile :D :

...and one from the rear (ooh, err!):

Pick it up next Saturday :thumb:

A stunning pair you've got now Phil. Love the black paint and porcelain interior. These seats look amazingly chunky.

Love the wheels too.

Did you purposely go for black to contrast with your E?

"Ebony & ivory live together in perfect harmony............." :D

Come on, sing along.

Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ant.

Actually, Angie would have preferred something brighter than black, but she hates silver and there aren't that many late SLK55's on the market so the choice was a bit limited. Add in that this car had the right options on it and the choice was sort of made for us.

The good news is that having just got rid of one PITA to keep clean Obsidian Black car, we've now got another one :doh:

I hear what you're saying about the black Phil. I remember you saying that I should be thanking Debbie for choosing Tenorite over the black for that exact reason.

You were right, the Tenorite looks great when washed and waxed. :thumb:

Mind you, I'd wash your SLK55 daily rather than our E220 weekly. I've always liked those little 2 seaters.

Ant. :D

The cars on my drive... :D

(OK, maybe just shy of 1,000bhp for the pedants)

Finally persuaded Angie that six cylinders just aren’t enough and today she’s done a deal on an ex-demonstrator 15-plate SLK55 :rock:

Obsidian Black with designo Porcelain upholstery, it’s nicely optioned with 10-spoke black wheels, Parktronic, Airscarf, Pano Roof, Mirror Package, Interior Lighting Package & Ambient Lighting, proper Automatic Climate Control, brushed aluminium Roll-over bars with Airguide, Rain-sensing wipers and Black Ash trim. And under 4,000 miles to boot.

A few taster piccies (apologies for the quality, it was a dull day and an iPhone :rolleyes:) from the forecourt:

The interior is a nice place to be - definitely a step or more up from the R171 it's replacing...

http://s578.photobucket.com/user/st13phil/media/SLK/IMG_0126_Corrected_zpsnwraqmh0.jpg.html

Angie reckons it looks like a mini Batmobile :D :

http://s578.photobucket.com/user/st13phil/media/SLK/IMG_0118_Corrected 2_zpstrhxgajp.jpg.html

...and one from the rear (ooh, err!):

http://s578.photobucket.com/user/st13phil/media/SLK/IMG_0123_Corrected 2_zpsgfkfmwbl.jpg.html

Pick it up next Saturday :thumb:

Well done phill awesome mota!

That's a beautiful car, lovely colour combination. Nice choice, well done!

Correction: Well done Angie!! :thumb:

Very, very nice......
All those cylinders in such a small car. :bannana:

Looks lovely from every angle....:thumb:

Certainly looks awesome! :cool:

And the question on everyone's lip's...What's it go like? in a sensible non law breaking way obviously.

Tony.

jotter22 said:
And the question on everyone's lip's...What's it go like? in a sensible non law breaking way obviously. Tony.
Only had a short test drive, but it certainly feels quick. It delivers its power quite differently to the Biturbo lump in my E63, so I'm looking forward to taking it for a longer "assessment drive" if you get my drift ;)

Angie's looking forward to taking it for a longer "assessment drive" if you get my drift ;)

FTFY Phil.

Don't you forget who's car it is. :D

Ant. :thumb:

Congrats Phil. Beautiful combo!

Don't forget it is still in its breaking in phase. and will be for the next 23million miles, which means you have to drive it sensibly.
:crazy:

now as a service to you, and having owned a r171 version of the same car, I am happy to assist by driving it nice and gentle for you for the 23m miles it needs......then, in a few weeks time when the 23million miles are up, you can have a play with it.:rock:

I will even pay for the petrol I use.......:thumb:

Very nice "double bill" on the drive way Phil.
It'll be hard to pick which one to drive each day! :D
Both cars are daily drivers, so I think that will be decided for me by Angie's unwillingness to drive my E63 :cool:

Although the test drive was relatively short, I was really surprised at how much more refined (both drivetrain and chassis) the R172 SLK55 is compared to Angie's R171 SLK350. We've used the 350 for a few European touring holidays and it makes a pretty good "mini Grand Tourer", but from my short drive yesterday I think the 55 will be much better in that guise. (Note to self: must consider where we can take it on a "bonding" trip :devil:)

On a related note, I think I'm already the best customer for Momentum at our local Tesco, but I should probably alert them to the imminent increased volume requirements :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom