What’s the best source of Music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz1959

Car
Mercedes Benz GL180 AMG Premium Plus
Just bought new Mercedes and was wondering what is best source of music. I did have Amazon Prime and via my phone and Hey Mercedes I can ask it to play any music but it’s draining my Vodafone data . Is there a cheaper way of doing this ? if I sign up to Apple and “buy” my music does it still use my data to find and play it ? Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can download both on apple music and spotify to your phone memory and play music without a data connection. Just uses up space on your phone memory.
Thank you. You are a star ⭐️. Guess what I’ll be doing tomorrow 😃

You can download both on apple music and spotify to your phone memory and play music without a data connection. Just uses up space on your phone memory.
Sorry forgot to ask, when I have this do I ask My Mercedes to play a specific song or do I call up Spotify ?

Sorry forgot to ask, when I have this do I ask My Mercedes to play a specific song or do I call up Spotify ?
I’m guessing the answer is no for Apple Music. That service uses Apple’s own ‘Siri’ voice assistant to play music via voice command. So if you’ve got Apple CarPlay it will work okay.

Just a guess though.

As suggested, download from Apple Music or Spotify. Remember if you ask for other tracks which are not downloaded then it will stream them consuming your data. If I remember right in Apple Music there is the option to only play downloaded tracks.

Alternatively you could consider upgrading or replacing your data tariff so you can listen to whatever you want whenever you want. I’ve seen unlimited data deals for less than £20 per month (SIM only) which (whilst may be more than many would wish to pay) is fair value if you stream outside of the house a lot.

Not sure what tariff you are currently on with your supplier, but, as mentioned above, unlimited data tariffs are not expensive. Might be easiest to upgrade your phones monthly plan to include unlimited data.

Much depends on what kind of music you listen to outside the car.

My daughter couldn’t live without unlimited data and Spotify. She listens to a huge range of stuff all the time as background to her workaholism, while my son and wife barely listen to anything and, when they do, it’s usually the same limited range of artists. So holding some downloaded music locally is all they need

It’s crazy: so much content and so cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom