What’s the difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4n0y-merc

Car
Mercedes SLC
hi All

I’m looking to change my old CLK 2004 with 165,000 on the clock (owned since new) for a late model SLK 2015/16

Can anyone tell me what’s the difference between the models badged as 250d and 250CDI?

Also I believe some of the very latest 2015 (65 plate) SLK’s have the small gear knob as opposed to the conventional stick, but I don’t know how to make this feature a search requirement - so I’m left looking for pictures of the interia to identify the gear knob? Does anyone know which model have this feature?

Your help is appreciated

Andy

The slc has the stubby gear knob.
Good choice - I moved from a clk to a slc 250d and I love it.
Shop around. There are some good buys as there were always good discounts to be had from new.

Think carefully about buying diesel, may end up with a depreciating car with limited cities it can visit....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The slc has the stubby gear knob.
Good choice - I moved from a clk to a slc 250d and I love it.
Shop around. There are some good buys as there were always good discounts to be had from new.
Hi Ted thanks for reply, I have seen SLK with stubby gear shift - there are a couple on Auto trader now - but only (65 plate SLKs) I asked my MB dealer and the young salesperson said it’s basically just a different stick - gearbox in SLK and SLC are the same. Nice to hear you love it - I tend to keep cars for a while so I’m going to look until the exactly model colour combo comes up - thanks again for the reply

The slc box is 9 speed, I thought the slk was 7?
There could of course be ‘crossover’ models.

Also the 250d in the slc is euro 6 so valid for the ulez and unlikely to be outlawed for sometime yet.

Another thing to bear in mind is the tax on earlier ones is £30 later is £140, and if original list was over £40k - easily done - it is £450 for the first six years.

Think carefully about buying diesel, may end up with a depreciating car with limited cities it can visit....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
That's a really interesting and relevant point, and my only reservation about buying the 250 diesel is their uncertain future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom