What’s the most popular car on the forum? Can we find out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,
I’m sure I’ve asked – or seen it asked – before.
Is there a list somewhere of the Mercedes Models owned by members?
Has (could) a boffin type put together a simple box-tick thing whereby all we have to do is click the model, etc, from a drop down list and the running totals are displayed, or can it be compiled from the file info held?
Perhaps it could be sortable by Series, Model, Year, Fuel, even Colour.
Before the list started, maybe those so inclined could have a little guess at what the winner of each category would be?
I’ll have a little stab at silver, to start.
Beyond that, I’ll have to ponder!
Just a thought.
Cheers,
Paul

The most common one must be the C63...not necessarily the most popular.:cool:

I did think of compiling a 'big survey' type thing a couple of years ago. mods never got back to me, and I got busy anyway.

still think it could be interesting though

Hi All,
I’m sure I’ve asked – or seen it asked – before.
Is there a list somewhere of the Mercedes Models owned by members?
Has (could) a boffin type put together a simple box-tick thing whereby all we have to do is click the model, etc, from a drop down list and the running totals are displayed, or can it be compiled from the file info held?
Perhaps it could be sortable by Series, Model, Year, Fuel, even Colour.
Before the list started, maybe those so inclined could have a little guess at what the winner of each category would be?
I’ll have a little stab at silver, to start.
Beyond that, I’ll have to ponder!
Just a thought.
Cheers,
Paul
Why mine is of course:rolleyes:;):):bannana::bannana::bannana::

It has to be the w208...in various specifications.

You know, I might have a stab at the 124 being the highest ownership on the forum.

What MB series has the highest production numbers still roadworthy?

There could be a clue, there.

Cheers,
Paul

Interesting project but the results are bound to be skewed by:-

The number of cars manufactured of a particular model and thus potential ownership.

Their showroom and to a certain extent their 2nd/3rd/nth hand price/servicing costs.

The viable age of past models meaning their continued existence.

If availability and cost of cars in decent condition were not a factor I reckon the combination of a well spec'ed W124 4matic estate for the winter and a W124 cabriolet for the summer would tick all the boxes for me.:thumb:

Interesting project but the results are bound to be skewed by:-

The number of cars manufactured of a particular model and thus potential ownership.

Their showroom and to a certain extent their 2nd/3rd/nth hand price/servicing costs.

The viable age of past models meaning their continued existence.

If availability and cost of cars in decent condition were not a factor I reckon the combination of a well spec'ed W124 4matic estate for the winter and a W124 cabriolet for the summer would tick all the boxes for me.:thumb:

droool!

I might have explained my quest badly.
I was curious as to actual ownership by model, etc, not favourites or wishes.
I imagined some sort of table searchable by volume, colour, year, and so on.
A data-base, I suppose. Would that be it?
Cheers,
Paul

Sorry Paul we were not listening...it the SLS then...:)

No need to apologise, my fault for a bad explanation, I just read it myself and can't figure it out!
I just wonder what the ownership of say 124's is against 123's and so on, and whilst I'm at it, how many silver and how many malachite green, how many 300e versus 230ce. etc.
Cheers,
Paul

Jeez...and how many of our members wives are called Susan, and how many have children and how many are going to vote conservative and how many are over 18 and how many have been pulled over recently and how many...:)

I've just started a thread to see how many W211 owners there are.

That should help towards your 'research'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom